Persona 4 Golden Boxed Lunches: how to make every perfect lunch for the Cooking With Gas achievement
While you are a world-saving super hero of sorts, the beauty of Persona 4 Golden is that you'll spend a lot of time doing everyday, real world things. That's what Persona is really all about, after all. One such thing you can do in P4G is make Boxed Lunches - and these cute little food items are useful for boosting your social links but also lead to an achievement/trophy, Cooking WIth Gas.
In order to make a packed lunch for the next day, you simply need to examine the fridge in the Dojima household when you return home of an evening. A couple of times every month Nanako will stock the fridge with fresh shopping - and when she does, you'll have the option to make a lunch box. Sometimes Nanako tells you she's filled the fridge - other times she doesn't.
Once you have a boxed lunch, take it to school the following day. You can then spend time with another character sharing the lunch - and if the lunch is good, it'll boost your relationship with that character - a great bonus for speeding up the processes detailed in our Persona 4 Golden s-link walkthrough.
Persona 4 Perfect Boxed Lunch Combinations
The process of making a boxed lunch is quite simple - after interacting with a stocked fridge you'll be given the option to "spend the evening making lunch". This takes up time, but carries rewards, as we said.
You'll then have to choose a method for each type of meal. The method you use determines how good the meal is - and a better packed lunch will yield better results and get you closer to the Cooking With Gas trophy, which is rewarded for making five perfect boxed lunches. We deal with all that on this page - consider it the cooking equivalent of our cheat sheet which has all of the Persona 4 Golden school questions and answers.
Here's a list of the potential Lunches and the method of cooking you need to use to get a 'perfect' packed lunch. Make five of these and you'll be rewarded with the Cooking With Gas achievement!
- Broiled Fish: Wrap it tightly
- California Rolls: Mix and cool simultaneously
- Carrot & Burdock Root Kinpira: Add Soy Sauce and Mirin
- Chakin Sushi: Thinned Eggs
- Cream Stew: Dump in all the cold Milk
- Croquettes Curry: High Simmer
- Daigaku-Imo: Deep Fry
- Fried Chicken: Potato Starch
- Ginger Pork: Score with a Knife
- Grilled Fish: Strong Heat, from a distance
- Gyoza: Olive Oil
- Hamburgers: Cut a hole and look for Juice
- Kakuni: Mirin, Sugar & Sake
- Marinated Spinach: Strain it
- Meat Stew: Simmer with a Dropped Lid
- Mentaiko Pasta: Mayonnaise
- Oden: Keep on a Low Flame, Don't Boil
- Potato Salad: Smash while still hot
- Pudding: Vanilla extract
- Sweet & Sour Pork: Potato Starch
- Tonkatsu: Flour, Egg, than Panko
- Vichyssoise: Add lots of Milk
- Yakiniku Bento: Use Soy Sauce
Boxed Lunch Cooking Dates in Persona 4 Golden
While by no means a definitive list, we thought it'd be useful to list a few days when we had the option to make a boxed lunch with a stocked fridge. With that said, you should generally aim to check the fridge every day - as on some days there will also be items you can eat that can increase your Persona 4 Social Stats. Anyway, here's some dates we were able to make lunches - but this is by no means an exhaustive list.
- April 25
- May 12
- May 31
- September 4
- September 11
- September 21
- September 26
- September 29
- October 25
- November 1
- January 11