Pokemon Scarlet and Violet: How to get and spend BP
The currency of The Indigo Disk, Blueberry Points (or BP for short) is something every player in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet is going to need. Not just limited to challenging the Elite Four (each fight costs 50 BP), players will need BP to unlock new features, such as customizable Poke Ball Pitches, new decorations for their room, background tracks, optional post-game fights, and perhaps most importantly of all, the ability to upgrade the Terarium itself. This unlocks new Pokemon to find, including the highly-prized Starter Pokemon from previous generations.
But BP isn't easy to come by, at least, not on your own. If you want to unlock everything The Indigo Disk has to offer, than you're gonna need to get some friends.
How To Get BP in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet: The Indigo Disk
The most important thing to do is join a friend or three in a Union Lobby. Grinding BP on your own is not recommended — one person's BP accumulation rate is pretty slow when compared to four people all working together.
How it works is this: each player will get three Blueberry Quests (or BBQs.) These can be viewed by pressing Right on the Directional Pad. Players who are in a group can contribute to everyone's BBQ, and if a BBQ is completed, all players will get the rewards. Once you complete a BBQ, a new BBQ will take its place endlessly.
For example, if two players have a BBQ that says "Catch a Water-type Pokemon." worth 40 BP, and Player 3 catches a Water type, than both BBQs will complete and all players will get 80 BP.
Once you complete 10 Solo (or Blue) BBQs, a Red BBQ will appear. These higher tier BBQs are slightly more difficult, but worth signficantly more BP. If you complete three Red BBQs, a Gold (or Group) BBQ will become available — these BBQs will have you hunt down a specific Pokemon by providing either the silhouette or a description of the Pokemon in question. These can all be found in the Terarium in any of the biomes.
Furthermore, as you complete BBQs, the NPC Snacksworth (located to the right of the Entrance gate) will offer you Legendary Treats. He gives you Treats based on total number of Solo BBQs completed as well as Group BBQs (the gold tier BBQs).
How To Spend BP
You can spend BP in a number of ways at the computer in the Pokemon League Club Room. These include optional upgrades to outfit your Club Room how you want. The more important upgrades include:
- Spending 3,000 BP to upgrade the Terarium Biomes (Boost Biodiversity). You will need 12,000 BP total, and upgrading each Biome unlocks new Pokemon to capture. These Pokemon primarily include Starter Pokemon from previous Generations.
- Polar Biome: Torchic, Chimchar, Chespin, Scorbunny, Cyndaquil, Piplup, Oshawott
- Savannah Biome: Totodile, Sobble, Rowlet, Fennekin, Charmander, Snivy
- Coastal Biome: Mudkip, Froakie, Chikorita, Popplio, Bulbasaur, Grookey
- Canyon Biome: Treecko, Tepig, Litten, Squirtle, Turtwig
- Recruiting Special Coaches. These are trainers from Paldea and Kitakami such as Gym Leaders, but scaled up to level 80+. Completing these special fights will unlock a secret boss battle against a mysterious trainer.