Code of Princess EX to launch for Steam on October 1
Nicalis has revealed that sidescroller RPG Code of Princess EX will launch for Steam on October 1.
Code of Princess was developed by Studio Saizensen and originally localized by Atlus USA for Nintendo 3DS in 2012. This original version of the game saw a release on Steam by Degica in 2016.
Code of Princess EX is an enhanced port of the game that released for Nintendo Switch in Summer 2018. The primary addition to this version is a local co-operative campaign mode, as well as new artwork and rebalanced gameplay. You can find an overview on Nicalis' blog.
A description from Nicalis can be found below. Thanks Gematsu for the head-up!
Code of Princess EX brings a unique combination of hack-and-slash beat-‘em-up action and role-playing depth to the table! Fans of both genres are sure to be captivated by this epic adventure of intense multi-plane fantasy combat, with a roster of over 50 playable characters, all of whom can be upgraded with new abilities and equipment. The game’s Campaign mode supports local two-player co-op, and there are also options for both competitive and cooperative online play.
The story within Code of Princess EX follows Princess Solange of DeLuxia as she fights to restore order in a world where monsters are trying to overtake the human race. Armed with the legendary sword DeLuxcalibur, Solange assembles a team of talented fighters to join her quest. Together, they embark on an epic journey where they will confront the monster uprising and try to discover it’s secret origins.
- Action-packed “hack-and-slash” gameplay featuring customizable RPG elements.
- Players can freely move between three different planes of action during combat, with some projectile attacks able to travel between planes.
- Over 50 different characters are playable throughout multiple game modes, including Campaign, Free Play and Bonus Quests.
- Players can level up and equip their favorite characters with weapons and accessories that modify their stats in six different categories.
- Cooperative and competitive local/online multiplayer modes include leaderboards and let players tracked their coveted “Princess Points”
- Created by former members of the original Guardian Heroes development team.
- Characters and worlds created by legendary Capcom artist Kinu Nishimura, with art contributions from Street Fighter artist Bengus.