Go! Go! 5D Game: Neptunia re-Verse is a re-release of Re:Birth1, set to release on December 17 for PlayStation 5 in Japan
Compile Heart has opened the official website for Go! Go! 5D Game: Neptunia re-Verse, the recently announced newest entry into the Neptunia series. The game is set to release for PlayStation 5 on December 17 in Japan.
Update (September 24): A new trailer for the game has been posted, shared below.
Compile Heart also recently released information on the title in the September 17 issue of Famitsu. Go! Go! 5D Game: Neptunia re-Verse is a PlayStation 5 re-release of Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1 Plus, a Japan-only PS4 port of Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1, which released in the west on PlayStation Vita in 2014 and for PC a couple of months later. Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1 is itself a remake of the original PS3 Hyperdimension Neptunia title, using a revamped battle system that originally appeared in Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory. In short, Go! Go! is essentially an enhanced re-release of a re-release of a remake.
Go! Go! 5D Game: Neptunia re-Verse will have even more additions made, as outlined in Famitsu:
- Active party members increased from 3 to 4 in combat
- Will have 2 modes: Original Mode (closer to last-gen version) & Arrange Mode
- In Arrange Mode, you can freely form a party from over 20 characters (including their costumes) right from the get-go; even those who would've shown up around endgame. There are also changes in status & skills.
- Tutorials will be voiced by Neptune herself
- Adds a Game Fishing mini-game; in Arrange Mode, items obtained from this mini-game will have important roles.
- Original text from the original Hyperdimension Neptunia game on PS3 is also included so one can check the differences made in this PS5 version.
- Pre-order bonus includes an illustration card that contains a serial code to download Neptunia Shooter on PS5
And some screenshots can be found in the gallery. Go! Go! 5D Game: Neptunia re-Verse has not been announced for English localization.