Shiren the Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate details new Bonus Dungeons and Features
Spike Chunsoft has released new information about new content added to the upcoming Nintendo Switch and PC versions of Shiren the Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate. These details cover new bonus dungeons and other features such as a music collection.
To recap, this title originally released as a Japan-only DS title in 2010, numbered as the fifth Shiren the Wanderer game. It then received an enhanced port to PlayStation Vita, released in the west in 2016. The game is now being re-released once again on new platforms - Switch and PC - with more additions.
Shiren the Wanderer is a Mystery Dungeon-styled game, meaning progressing through randomized dungeon floors in a step-by-step turn-based fashion, taking on various enemies and finding loot. The game has a great 2D art aesthetic, and while the original game already had several challenging bonus dungeons outside of the main story path, this new release piles on a few more.
Check out the new details and screenshots below, alongside a new Japanese trailer. Shiren the Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate is set to release for Nintendo Switch and PC (Steam) on December 2. For more information, you can check out the announcement post from June.
New Bonus Dungeons
- Bladeless Wasteland: As the name implies, there are no weapon drops in this dungeon! Physical attacks do minimal damage, so use arrows, rocks and other ranged attacks to fight your way through.
- Cloister of Certain Doom: Challenge yourself by setting a target number of turns to clear the dungeon within. Fail, and get booted back to the surface. How low can you go?
- Garden of Destiny: Defeating a monster in one attack nets a huge experience boost, but the more attacks it takes, the less experience you earn! *Unlocked by clearing the main game.
- Music Collection: Encountered a melody during your adventures that you can't get out of your head? Listen to it anytime you like!
- Live Display: Designed for live streaming, this optional UI displays your status, items, equipment, abilities, gameplay time, and turns spent in the dungeon.
- Wanderer Rescue and Rankings Go Global: The Wanderer Rescue system lets you request help from other players when you collapse in a dungeon, while the Ranking system tracks top dungeon scores and rescue attempts. This time around, the system connects all adventurers around the world, regardless of language or region settings. *There is an option to filter/limit these features by player language settings.