Tetracast - Episode 174: Unfinished Business
Welcome to the latest edition of the Tetracast, RPG Site's regular, seemingly weekly, podcast!
In this wrap-up episode of the Tetracast, we start out with some glowing impressions of Hades, which George thinks might be his game of the year. We continue on with some positive discussion on Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time and the surprising Genshin Impact. James wraps up the introductory accolades discussing the newly added Fatalis fight to Monster Hunter World, which he thinks might just be the absolute highlight of the series so far.
On the news front, the cast discusses Naoki Yoshida's comments on the initial trailer for Final Fantasy XVI, and considers the pros and cons of CGI trailers versus showing unfinished gameplay. We then go onto a quickly upcoming release date for Pokemon Sword & Shield's second DLC content pack The Crown Tundra. Other early topics include a small but welcome difficulty update for Trials of Mana, and shifted release dates for Yakuza: Like a Dragon.
On a more western RPG focused front, the discussion moves to the classes and races available in next week's early access launch for Baldur's Gate 3, a new story trailer for Assassin's Creed: Valhalla, and some discussion on skills for the in-development work on Diablo IV. The podcast then wraps up with quick hits on Scarlet Nexus's new playable character, content updates for Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris, and a few other odds and ends.
This edition of the Tetracast features Bryan Vitale (@zeomassicot), James Galizio (@theswweet), George Foster (@gepugg), and Josh Torres (@HDKirin). As always, you can find links to the full episode of the podcast below along with our RSS feed, and also subscribe to us on iTunes or Google Play, and follow on Spotify!
- 3:33 - Hades
- 17:30 - Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time
- 27:50 - Genshin Impact
- 1:05:33 - Monster Hunter World’s new Fatalis fight
- 1:23:38 - Naoki Yoshida talks Final Fantasy XVI
- 1:35:41 - Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield - The Crown Tundra launches on October 22
- 1:42:39 - Trials of Mana version 1.10 to release on October 14, adds 'No Future' difficulty option
- 1:45:51 - PS5 version of Yakuza: Like a Dragon coming March 2, 2021, all other consoles moved up
- 1:50:13 - Baldur's Gate 3 details races, classes, and character creation
- 1:55:59 - Assassin's Creed Valhalla - Story Trailer
- 2:02:03 - Blizzard discusses skill trees and enchantment system in September quarterly update for Diablo IV
- 2:07:15 - Scarlet Nexus gets a new trailer, screenshots, and details for TGS 2020, introduces a second playable character in Kasane
- 2:10:26 - Bandai Namco details upcoming free and paid content to Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris
- 2:16:59 - Dragon Quest Tact heading west for mobile devices
- 2:18:51 - Torchlight III launches on October 13 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Steam
- 2:21:35 - Live A Live 26th Anniversary stream non-news and signoff...