Sidescroller RPG Vigil: The Longest Night releases for Nintendo Switch and Steam this week
Vigil: The Longest Night is a 2D sidescroller RPG releasing this week on October 14 for Nintendo Switch and PC (Steam). Published by Another Indie and developed by Glass Heart Games, Vigil features horrifying creatures and harsh combat. In the game, you are put in the shows of Leila as she saves her sister and her hometown from an approaching evil.
While the development team has expressed interest in porting the game to PlayStation and Xbox One, the team cannot commit to the platforms at current.
Check out a recent trailer, description, and screenshot set below.
Brutal Combat and Cosmic HorrorVigil: The Longest Night is a 2D action platformer with precise, technical combat and a strong narrative. Inspired by Salt and Sanctuary and Castlevania, Vigil: The Longest Night aims to challenge players with its difficulty while compelling them with a tale of eldritch horror. Follow Leila on her quest to save her hometown from the creeping evil infesting the surrounding countryside. Navigate a world that wanders between dream and reality, sanity and madness, and uncover the secret of the longest night and the monstrous entities invading their world.
- Experiment with 4 types of weapon and multiple varieties of each type.
- A number of unique items to suit how you play
- A fusion of Lovecraftian prose and Taiwanese culture
- Complex Skill Tree to create the ultimate warrior of light.
- Unique art style inspired by the art of Chinese Paper Cutting
- Brutal Enemies with multiple methods of attack and surprising attacks
- Explore dank caves, abandoned villages, and haunted forests
- Meet the residents of Leila’s hometown as they struggle in world of maddening darkness
- Battle a host of hideous bosses from the depths of your nightmares
- Multiple endings to unravel
- Music by the talented Jouni Valjakka of metal band Whispered