Assassin's Creed Valhalla outlines Season Pass and Free Update content
Ubisoft has today revealed the Season Pass and post-launch plan for Assassin's Creed Valhalla.
Below is a road map infographic offered by Ubisoft outlining both the paid Season Pass content and free update content schedules.
The Season Pass - available for $39.99 or as part of several special editions - contains an exclusive launch-day quest and two post-launch expansion quest lines set to release in 2021. Here's Ubisoft description:
The Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Season Pass is included in the Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Gold, Ultimate and Collector Editions and is available for purchase separately for $39.99.
The Season Pass includes:
- The Legend of Beowulf quest: In this exclusive quest, players will uncover the monstrous truth behind the legend of Beowulf, available on the launch day of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla.
- Expansion 1 - Wrath of the Druids (Spring 2021): In this new adventure, players will journey to Ireland and unravel the mysteries of an ancient and mysterious druidic cult, tracking and discovering their members. Diving into Gaelic myths and folklores, they’ll need to fight their way through haunted forests and dazzling landscapes while gaining influence among Gaelic kings.Advertisement. Keep scrolling for more
- Expansion 2 - The Siege of Paris (Summer 2021): In The Siege of Paris, players will have the chance to relive the most ambitious battle in Viking History with key historical figures of war-torn Frankia. During this key moment in history, players will infiltrate the fortified city of Paris and the River Seine under a prolonged siege, uncover enemy secrets, and form strategic alliances to safeguard their clan’s future.
Post-launch free content will come in the form of seasons with the first update set to release in December 2020. Here's Ubisoft's description:
In addition, all players will have access to an extensive lineup of free seasonal content including new narrative content and in-game events available after launch. Each season will last three months and will come with exciting content, accessible to all player types and levels of progression, focused on gameplay and world evolution.
Season 1 will launch in December 2020 with the following content planned:
- A new settlement area, allowing players to continue to grow and evolve their settlement.
- A traditional Viking Festival: the Yule Festival, for players to experience in their settlement.
- A new game mode: the River Raids. Building on Valhalla’s core raiding mechanic the mode will deliver a dynamic, challenging and highly replayable raid experience.
- The addition of the Ranks for Jomsviking: in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla players can not only create their lieutenant to be part of their raiding crew, but also recruit some from their friends and the community. In Season 1, players will see an update to the Jomsviking feature which will allow their Jomsviking to earn XP and rank up – the higher will be the rank of the lieutenant, the more silver players will earn when recruited by other players.
- Finally, as for each season, Season 1 will also come with new player skills and abilities, weapons and gear, and cosmetic items for the settlement, longship, horse and raven.
Season 2 will launch in March 2021 with a new game mode that builds on Valhalla’s core combat experiences, a new Jomsviking update, festivals in the Settlement, new gear and cosmetic items, and more. More information about Season 3 and 4 will be come at a later time.
Finally, you can check out a trailer for the paid and free update content below.
Assassin's Creed Valhalla is set to release on November 10 (or at the PS5 launch date) for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series S|X, Xbox One, and PC via Epic Games Store and Ubisoft Store. In case you missed it, you can check out the recently released Deep Dive Trailer and gameplay.