Tetracast - Episode 179: On the Brink of Next-Gen
Welcome to the latest edition of the Tetracast, RPG Site's regular, seemingly weekly, podcast!
On this edition of the podcast, Bryan opens things up with continuing thoughts on Nioh 2, enjoying his time in the demon destroying action RPG. James touches on a few games he's played in the last week, including Mad Rat Dead and Alan Wake.
Josh and George then kick off a long discussion about Yakuza: Like a Dragon, the 8th mainline entry in the Yakuza series, and the first to be a turn-based RPG.
On the news front, we are hot off the announcement of Mass Effect: Legendary Edition, coming in 2021. We also have new details on Bravely Default II, a surprising patch for Final Fantasy IV on PC, and some discussion about Marvel's Avengers sales performance. We also touch on new updates to Bug Fables, Star Renegades, Temtem, and Genshin Impact. The episode ends with some discussion on the future of Dragon Quest.
This edition of the Tetracast features Bryan Vitale (@zeomassicot), James Galizio (@theswweet), Josh Torres (@HD_Kirin), George Foster (@gepugg), and Adam Vitale (@King_Seda). As always, you can find links to the full episode of the podcast below along with our RSS feed, and also subscribe to us on iTunes or Google Play, and follow on Spotify!
- 3:14 - Nioh 2
- 7:55 - Mad Rat Dead
- 13:55 - Alan Wake (and tangent about game sales and backlogs)
- 22:56 - Yakuza: Like a Dragon
- 56:50 - Mass Effect Legendary Edition and new Mass Effect officially announced
- 1:09:02 - Bravely Default II screenshots introduce character cast, locations, and job classes
- 1:17:04 - Steam & Mobile versions of Final Fantasy IV updated with a new interface and more languages
- 1:22:54 - Marvel’s Avengers Loses 6.5 Billion Yen and discussion about poorly received service games
- 1:35:05 - Star Renegades console launch next month
- 1:38:16 - Bug Fables: The Everlasting Sapling Update 1.1 Squashes Bugs, Adds New Features and Bosses
- 1:41:11 - Genshin Impact 1.1 releases on November 11
- 1:43:23 - Temtem releases in Early Access for PlayStation 5 on December 8 and we get distracted to talk about next gen more
- 1:55:16 - Yuji Horii teasing new Dragon Quest announcements and general Dragon Quest discussion
- 2:03:55 - Labyrinth of Galleria: Coven of Dusk Promotional Trailer, four Facets Detailed
- 2:05:30 - Demon's Souls remake shares first look at Character Creator and Photo Mode
- 2:18:22 - Saviors of Sapphire Wings / Stranger of Sword City Revisited to release on March 16 in North America, March 19 in Europe
- 2:21:16 - Signoff