Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town screenshots introduce romance candidates, ranch systems
Marvelous has released new screenshots and details for Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town. We are introduced to four of the game's romanceable characters alongside some other new mechanics found in this latest entry.
Check out the details below, and many new screenshots in the gallery.
Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town - Characters
- Ralph: A ranger who protects the nature parts of the town. Although he is calm and doesn't speak much, he is the leader type who moves forefront at important times. It seems like he used to do some sports in the past.
- Jack: Son of the general store family. He has an unenthusiastic attitude and is often scolded by his younger sister Cindy, but he is somehow not hated by her. He is always thinking about what he can do for the town.
- Lara: A tourist guide in Olive Town who has an easy-going attitude and is dependable like an elder sister. She prioritizes family so much and supports her frail father.
- Blair: A determined and bright girl who works at the Bistro. She dreams of leaving Olive Town and becoming a star celebrity. She used to live in a city in the past.
Other residents in Olive Town include:
- Victor, the mayor
- Gloria, the museum curator
- Patricia, the shop owner
- Nigel, the carpenter
- Jason, who runs the hotel
- Sally, a cafe hostess
Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town - Game Overview
In Pioneers of Olive town, your farm in this game starts out as a hut in a small clearing of a large forest of trees, and you'll gradually expand your land and be able to acquire new crops and animals.
You can grow and cultivate crops, meet animals that can be used as transport, take pictures of wild animals and display them in the museum in the town, as well as fish around your farm.
By using the materials you collect, you can expand your land that can be used, such as by fixing bridges or filling ravines. Your small house can be transformed into a fully-fledged ranch. You will be able to breed various animals while adjusting the layout of your field, fences, sprinklers, etc.
Of course, you can grow crops to put on sale at the market, and you can also cook dishes to sell or eat for yourself so you can work on the field longer. You'll also be able to upgrade your tools, such as your axe and watering can, to making the ranch life more efficient.
In Pioneers of Olive Town, you can also encounter Colophon spirits in the game. They live in their own village, and befriending them will let them share crops and materials. At first, there are just a few of them, but as the land gets more developed, more of them will appear.
Apparently befriending them enough will eventually let you go to a "special place".
Marvelous highlights two key new features for Pioneers of Olive Town:
- You can take camera photos from first-person view to create an album of memories
- You can also upload your avatar to make them appear in someone else's game as a tourist.
Finally, digital purchases of the game on Nintendo eShop in Japan will reward players with an additional jacket attire, shown below in the gallery.
Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town is set to release in Japan on February 25, in North America on March 23, and in Europe on March 26 for Nintendo Switch. In case you missed it, you can check out the announcement details, screenshots, and trailer from last month.
A bunch of screenshots can be found in the gallery below.