Atlus Officially Announces Persona 5 Strikers, set to release on February 23, 2021 for PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and Steam
Atlus West has officially announced that Persona 5 Strikers will release in North America and Europe on February 23, 2021 for PlayStation 4 (playable on PlayStation 5 via backwards compatibility), Nintendo Switch, and PC via Steam. The game previously released in Japan as 'Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers' a year earlier in February 2020. The official website is here.
On consoles, the game will offer English and Japanese voiceovers, along with English, French, Italian, Spanish, and German subtitles. The PC release will also have Japanese, Korean, and Traditional Chinese subtitles, in addition to the rest.
Persona 5 Strikers is a spinoff-sequel to Persona 5, featuring a gameplay system with Warriors-style (musou) action influences. Notably, the game does not feature any narrative content specifically related to the expanded storyline of Persona 5 Royal, such as Kasumi, so Atlus notes that those who played the original Persona 5 or watched the anime adaptation will be also able to jump in with all the relevant context.
A Digital Deluxe Edition will be available for all three platforms. This edition not only includes bonus digital content, classic BGM tracks, and in-game 'skill' sets, but pre-ordering the Digital Deluxe Edition allows purchasers to play the game four days early, on February 19, 2021. Pre-orders, both physical and digital, will open on December 10 at 4:00pm PST / 7:00pm EST.
No pricing details for the Digital Deluxe Edition have been revealed, but the contents are given as the following. Update (December 9): The Digital Deluxe Edition is priced at $69.99.
- Exclusive access to the game four days early, on February 19
- Bonus Content Digital Download
- Digital Art Book
- Digital Soundtrack – Over 40 songs included
- Behind-the-Scenes Video – Making of the Music “You Are Stronger” and “Towards a Dream”
- Persona Legacy BGM
- Persona 1 and Persona 1 PSP remake
- Persona 2 Innocent Sin and Persona 2 Eternal Punishment
- Persona 3 and Persona 3 Portable
- Persona 4 and Persona 4 Golden
- All-out Attack Pack
- Boost Skills Pack
- Basic Affinity Skills Pack
- Ally Buff Skills Pack
- Armor Pack
- Persona Points
- Enemy Debuff Skills Pack
Atlus has not currently made any announcement about the availability of DLC offerings outside of the Digital Deluxe Edition. Update (December 9): Atlus has confirmed to RPG Site the DLC will be available separately from the Digital Deluxe Edition.
Find an announcement trailer, description, and screenshot set below via Atlus West. Earlier this year we posted some hands-on impressions of our time with the Japanese version of Persona 5 Strikers.
Persona 5 Strikers takes players on an epic road trip with the Phantom Thieves, where they strike back against the corruption overwhelming cities across Japan. A summer vacation with close friends takes a sudden turn as a distorted reality emerges; reveal the truth and redeem the hearts of those imprisoned at the center of the crisis!Advertisement. Keep scrolling for more
- New story and sights - Persona 5 Strikers features a deep story campaign and thrilling combat that makes for a true Persona experience. Visit 6 different cities across Japan, cook tantalizing regional recipes, and lend a helping hand to those in need; then fight against the Shadows to uncover the source of the corruption within the Metaverse dungeons. Jump into the story whether you are a newcomer to the series or a longtime fan!
- Fight with Style - Attack enemies in the hybrid battle system that fuses explosive action-combat with pause-and-plan sequences to decide your next strategic move. Gain an advantage over your enemies by ambushing them, striking their elemental weaknesses to knock them down, and deal the finishing blow with an All-Out Attack!
- Harness the Phantom Thieves' full strength - All Phantom Thieves are fully playable, so utilize each character's specific skills and summon their Personas for smooth, elegant combat! Strengthen their skills and abilities and fight with your own style. Each character has their own unique suite of wide-ranging, flashy spells and magic to clear out big hordes. Have you ever wanted to fight as a giant cat bus? Well, look no further. Persona 5 Strikers is purrfect for you.