Disco Elysium: The Final Cut announced for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch, PC, and Stadia
During The Game Awards 2020, ZA/UM announced Disco Elysium: The Final Cut, an updated version of the detective RPG coming to PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PC, and Google Stadia.
This new edition first releases for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, PC (Steam, GOG, EGS, Mac), and Stadia in March 2021. The Xbox and Switch release will follow in Summer 2021. All existing players of the game will receive a free full upgrade to The Final Cut on their current platform. Otherwise, the game is priced at $39.99/€39.99/£34.99.
The Final Cut adds full voice acting to the game various NPCs, as well as new quests and areas to explore. A trailer and description via ZA/UM can be seen below. You can also check out our review for the PC version released last year.
Disco Elysium - The Final Cut is the definitive edition of the smash-hit RPG. Get even more out of this award-winning open world. You're a detective with a unique skill system at your disposal and a whole city block to carve your path across. Interrogate unforgettable characters, crack murders, or take bribes. Become a hero or an absolute disaster of a human being.
- New Political Vision Quests: Face the reality of your worldview as your political compass leads you down new paths. Discover more citizens, a whole extra area, and monumental sights as you leave an even bigger mark on the world by chasing your dreams.
- Full Voice Acting: All of the city's beautiful people are brought to life with full voiceover. Play characters against each other, try to help them, or fall hopelessly in love as each word is spoken to you with the appropriate accent and emotion.
- Improved Playability: Full controller support and customisation lets you play with your preferred setup. Enjoy an expanded range of language options. See the difference when playing in 4K resolution and at 60 frames per second on PlayStation 5.
- Real Role-playing: Customise your character with wildly different skills, clothing items, and tools – from guns to a flashlight and a boombox. Develop new ideas in the detective’s Thought Cabinet to change how you approach and handle each situation.
- Unprecedented Freedom: Death, sex, taxes, and disco – nothing is off the table in this open world. Solve a massive murder investigation, or relax and kick back with sprawling side-cases. Disco Elysium’s revolutionary dialogue system lets you do almost anything.
- Free Upgrade For All: The Final Cut will be available at no extra cost to all current owners of Disco Elysium. Original players expand their experience for free while new players can enjoy the new content from their first playthrough.
Disco Elysium Collector's Edition
A Collector's Edition will is available to pre-order through iam8bit for the various console versions, priced at $249.99.
ZA/UM, in partnership with iam8bit, has also announced an exclusive Collector’s Edition of the game which is available now for pre-order, with shipping date TBC 2021. The Collector’s Edition will include:
- Innovative ‘Layers of the Id’ Premium Box
- Hand-Painted ‘Mind Totem’ Vinyl Sculpture
- 190+ Page Hardbound Art Book feat. Oodles of Previously Unreleased Art and Stories
- Illustrated Fabric Map of the District of Martinaise
- Physical Edition of Disco Elysium with Reversible Cover, Housed in an Elegant Slipcase
- Region Free - Worldwide Compatibility
- Available for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and Nintendo Switch