Crimson Desert get a lengthy trailer at The Game Awards 2020
During The Game Awards 2020, Pearl Abyss released a lengthy new trailer for upcoming MMORPG Crimson Desert. The game is set to release for "consoles and PC" in Winter 2021. The official website is here.
The trailer, a trailer summary, fact sheet, and screenshot set can be found below via Pearl Abyss. For more information on the game, you can check out a breakdown of the game's development, story, and setting from December 2019, or the debut announcement information.
Crimson Desert Trailer Summary
- All footage is captured in-game and features gameplay. No edits or added effects.
- The trailer’s high graphical fidelity is achieved through Pearl Abyss’s proprietary engine used to power Crimson Desert.
- Crimson Desert will release in Winter 2021 on PC and console
- Crimson Desert is a massive open world action-adventure game, with content designed for both solo play and multiplayer.
- The 5-minute long trailer covers Crimson Desert’s setting, combat and gameplay.
- Crimson Desert’s beautiful open world: the vast continent of Pywel.
- Pywel’s regions include numerous biomes and settings, such as harsh, cold desert lands, brutal cities and much more.
- A sneak peek of the unique cultures and a look at different towns and cities of Pywel.
- Cut-scenes introducing the story of the main protagonist, Macduff, who leads his own band of mercenaries.
Crimson Desert Combat
- Intense, fast-paced and realistic combat across multiple battle settings, including:
- 1v1 combat
- Combat against multiple enemies
- A boss fight, where Macduff takes on an enormous mythical creature
- Various weapons and weapon-specific combat. The trailer shows some of the weapons and fighting styles coming to Crimson Desert, including swords, shields, daggers, axes and more.
- Armed and unarmed combat features a mix of weapons and hand-to-hand combat. When fighting enemies players can use their weapons, punch, kick, grab and throw enemies, or even use team-up attacks with other players and more.
Crimson Desert Gameplay
The trailer gives a sneak peek at a handful of gameplay features coming to Crimson Desert, including:
- Puzzle challenges
- Massive scale siege battles
- Players flying on a mythical creature
Crimson Desert is an open world action-adventure game that combines elements of narrative driven single-player games with online multiplayer functionality. The game is built on Pearl Abyss’s next generation engine to deliver high fidelity graphics and game features and provide players with a totally immersive gameplay experience.
Crimson Desert is set on the continent of Pywel, a vast, divided land inhabited by people struggling to survive. From the sweeping plains of Akapen to the inhospitably cold lands of Kweiden, or the barren desert, each region possesses its own unique beauty.
As players traverse the cities of Pywel, they can expect to encounter filthy alleys, destitute hovels, and marketplace language that would make even a Troll blush. Each location has its own characters that are both fantastical and grounded in gritty realism. Whether players explore these strange new lands alone or venture into them with others, their actions will influence the story of Crimson Desert.
The King of Demeniss, Unifier of Lands, lies in a coma. In the ensuing power vacuum, those who have suffered under his iron rule now seek to exploit his weakness. Players assume the role of Macduff, a skilled warrior with a tragic past, as he leads his mercenaries into conflict to regain lands that were once their own.
Throughout their quest, this band of mercenaries must survive harsh environments and defend themselves against warring factions, hostile mercenaries, maniacal rulers and mythical beasts.
From the very first stages of planning, the Crimson Desert development team wanted to create a game to push the boundaries on what is possible in gaming today.
Daeil Kim, the founder of Pearl Abyss and inventor of its proprietary engine, is leading the project as Executive Producer. He is working with 2 co-producers HwanKyoung Jung, the former director of RYL Online, and SeongWoo Lee, who was in charge of C9 and also worked on RYL Online. Hyoseok Chae is Crimson Desert’s Lead Combat Designer.
- Open world action-adventure
- Immersive story with emphasis on character development
- Online features seamlessly interwoven with the main story content and multiplayer content
- Fast-paced, dynamic action combat
- True next generation 4K graphics and performance
- Breathtaking character customization that raises the bar for the gaming industry