Utawarerumono Zan 2 launches for PlayStation 4 and 5 on July 22 in Japan
Aquaplus has revealed Utawarerumono Zan 2, a sequel to the Utawarerumono action game adaptation that was first released in Japan in September 2018. Just like the first game, this sequel is also developed by Tamsoft.
Here is a summary of the features revealed so far on the Japanese official site:
- The storyline will be primarily based on Mask of Truth, the third title in the Utawarerumono trilogy.
- A new scenario will be added to the storyline.
- Anju and Fumiriru are newly added to the playable character roster. Munechika, who was a DLC character in the first game, will now be available on disc. Oshtor will be instead merged with Haku.
- The playable characters confirmed returning from the previous game are Kuon, Nekone, Rulutieh, Atuy, Nosuri, Ougi, Uruuru & Saraana, Jachtwald, and Kiwru.
- Haku will have two Japanese voice actors. The Mask of Truth storyline will still retain the voice of the late Keiji Fujiwara. As for the new story, he will have new voices recorded by Kentaro Tone.
- While the first game was more focused on the action system, the sequel will add RPG elements such as Skill Board.
- Zan 2 will feature the Ennakamui Estate as a base camp, where the player can interact with other characters and access various menus. More characters and features will be unlocked as the player progresses through the game.
- The conversation segments will now use 3D models instead of still images. There will also be more cinematic action movies.
- The online mode, which features some exclusive maps and enemies, can also be played offline solo with a 4-character party.
- DLC costumes and stamps purchased in the first Utawarerumono Zan can also be applied to Zan 2.
Find the initial trailer and screenshots for Utawarerumono Zan 2 right below. The game will be released for PlayStation 4 and 5 on July 22 in Japan. Although the first game has been released in the west, an English localization for this sequel has yet to be announced.