The Caligula Effect 2 will let players choose between Manual and Auto battles
FuRyu has published more screenshots for The Caligula Effect 2. Some of the new images showed more features that will exist in the game's battle system.
The Caligula Effect 2 will have two battle modes: The manual Custom mode and the AI-controlled Auto mode. Players who want to quickly progress through the battles will prefer the Auto mode, while those who want to create their own combos are recommended to stick with the Custom mode.
The article also introduces Floor Jack, a battle feature where χ (Chi) will jack into the battlefield after certain conditions are met. The Floor Jack will give a buff to all party characters, with a different effect based on the song chosen, such as improving accuracy.
FuRyu had previously revealed the first Japanese trailer for the sequel, which features a new song titled "SINGI". The company has since then gradually introduced the Obbligato Musicians on the franchise's YouTube channel, and we have now learned the full cast of voice actors and composers behind these characters:
- Machina - voiced by Shunichi Toki, music composed by Shouta Horie a.k.a. kemu
- Pandora - voiced by Tomoyo Kurosawa, music composed by Ayase
- MU-kun - voiced by Taku Yashiro, music composed by Police Piccadilly
- #QP - voiced by Inori Minase, music composed by Kairiki Bear
- Doctor - voiced by Kazuki Kato, music composed by Nuyuri
- Kranke - voiced by Yuuki Takada, music composed by Neru
- Kudan - voiced by Mariya Ise, music composed by Tsumiki
- Brahman - voiced by Takehito Koyasu, music composed by cosMo@Bousou-P
The Caligula Effect 2 will be released for PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch in Japan on June 24 and in the West in Fall 2021.