More details on Atelier Mysterious Trilogy DX new content revealed
Since the first reveal of the new features in Atelier Mysterious Trilogy Deluxe Pack, Koei Tecmo and Gust have gradually published new screenshots that further explain the new additions made to the upcoming re-release. As of today, the company and the brand studio shared new screenshots from the third game, Atelier Lydie and Suelle DX.
Here's a rundown of additions made to each game in the trilogy:
The first title in the collection, Atelier Sophie DX, will add three new Cauldrons that give different effects during Synthesis. With all five original Cauldrons still intact, there will be a total of eight Cauldrons available for Sophie to choose from.
- Instructor's Cauldron - Adds a bonus to experience earned based on the results, allowing Sophie to level up faster.
- Mystic Cauldron - Adds a bonus to the finished product quality based on the results, allowing you to create even better items.
- Miraculous Cauldron - The ultimate cauldron that combines almost all positive bonuses from prior cauldrons, it will be very useful in post-game.
Atelier Firis DX will add four new vehicles and gadgets that will help during explorations. The new items will be gradually unlocked as the player progresses through the story. Each item will also come with its own creation event.
- Barrel Plane - By using certain items as fuel, it can move faster than normal. Can also equip items inside the container and restrain LP consumption to recover HP & MP while moving.
- Puni Drone - Will support Firis' exploration by filling up the map charting rate. Depending on the effects attached, it can cancel out effects from bad weather or add more box capacity.
- Toy Dozer - While riding this, you will collect items of better quality without getting interrupted by enemies. Using certain items as fuel will make it move faster than usual. Holding a button will allow you to automatically collect items.
- Drop Ship - Can move faster underwater by consuming Airdrops at a faster rate. Can also restrain LP consumption.
The most recent screenshots for Atelier Lydie & Suelle DX show more of the city of Westwald in the newly added world based on the spinoff game Nelke & the Legendary Alchemists. The player will be able to visit landmarks and buildings that also appeared in Nelke's world in person, such as the Fountain, Puni Dome, Pie Shop, Art Gallery, and the Farm. The Granzweit Tree will also be the location of many important events in the story of Nelke's world, including a boss battle against Siegel.
We have also learned about the fate of the original releases on PlayStation 4 and PC. The Japanese FAQ page notes that playerswon't be able to transfer any data including saves and trophies, confirming that the DX games will be treated as completely separate titles. Furthermore, the original games will be taken down from the respective stores on April 21—the day right before the DX versions effectively replace them.
While owners of the original digital copies will still be able to download and access the games after the lineup change, it is clear that the only way to have the above new features is to purchase the new DX releases. We have yet to hear about any loyalty discount for the original owners. The Japanese PlayStation Store so far only has discounts for members who subscribed to PlayStation Plus.
The Atelier Mysterious Trilogy Deluxe Pack, consisting of Atelier Sophie DX, Atelier Firis DX, and Atelier Lydie & Suelle DX, will be released for PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC via Steam simultaneously worldwide on April 22.