The Legend of Heroes: Kuro no Kiseki launches for PS4 in Japan on September 30
Nihon Falcom has announced a release date and platform for The Legend of Heroes: Kuro no Kiseki. This is the latest title in the Kiseki / Trails series that will see the opening of a new saga in the Republic of Calvard, a nation barely explored in past series titles. It will be released for PlayStation 4 on September 30 in Japan.
The initial outline described that Kuro no Kiseki will have many new gameplay features, such as the ability to switch between command and action-based battles, and a new Orbment device called Xipha which is comprised of multiple parts to determine Arts stats and spells. Other than that, the character interaction system will also have a hint-collecting Topic System and a relationship-affecting Alignment Frame.
Falcom also revealed that Kuro no Kiseki will have 8 main characters who will all be eventually available as party members. You can find the screenshots and brief introductions of the characters right below:
- Van Arkride (voiced by Daisuke Ono) - The 24 years-old protagonist who runs Spriggan - Arkride Solutions Office and does tasks for all sorts of clients. He fights with a Stun Calibur sword.
- Agnes Claudel (voiced by Miku Ito) - A 16 years-old student who makes a request to Spriggan - Arkride Solutions Office in order to retrieve her great-grandfather's Orbment, which was stolen by someone. She majors in self-defense arts using the Orbal Staff in her school.
- Feri Al-Fayed (voiced by Yui Ogura) - A 13 years-old trained from her childhood to become an expert Jager (hunter). She uses an assault rifle with a bayonet.
- Aaron Wei (voiced by Yuma Uchida) - The 19 years-old leader of a delinquent gang also known for his dancing and gambling skills. He gracefully fights with a pair of fencing swords.
- Risette Twinings (voiced by Yui Ishikawa) - A 20 years-old service concierge of Marduk Total Security Company, which provides Van his unique weapon and Xipha app. She wields a handgun and a blade gear at the same time.
- Quatre Salision (voiced by Mutsumi Tamura) - A 15 years-old researcher who primarily develops drones but can also assist in other engineering labs. He wields a pulse gun while being accompanied by a couple of drones.
- Judith Ranster (voiced by Yoko Hikasa) - A 22 years-old actress who also has a secret side job. She fights by using a sectioned whip.
- Bergard Zeman (Japanese VA to be announced) - A 69 years-old martial artist who used to travel all around the Zemuria continent while changing identities. His arm and leg gauntlets count as his weapons.
The Legend of Heroes: Kuro no Kiseki will be available for PlayStation 4 in Japan on September 30. An English localization for this game has yet to be announced.