Kingdom Come: Deliverance set to launch for Nintendo Switch
Prime Matter - a new publishing label from Koch Media - and Warhorse Studios have announced that Kingdom Come: Deliverance will launch for Nintendo Switch. The medieval open-world RPG originally released for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in February 2018 and has sold more than 3 million units to date.
According to Warhorse Studios, the Switch port for Kingdom Come Deliverance came about as a part of a 'happy mistake'. When Kingdom Come: Deliverance Royal Edition was announced for the PlayStation 4 in Japan at the end of 2020, the game was also listed for the Nintendo Switch, which at that time was not in the plans. Although the ‘mistake’ was fixed right away, the overwhelming feedback about a potential switch version was 'eye-opening', which ultimately lead to Sabre Interactive taking on the task of actually porting the game.
No other details about the upcoming Switch port - such as price or date - have been announced at this time.
You're Henry, the son of a blacksmith. Thrust into a raging civil war, you watch helplessly as invaders storm your village and slaughter your friends and family. Narrowly escaping the brutal attack, you grab your sword to fight back. Avenge the death of your parents and help repel the invading forces!
Bohemia – located in the heart of Europe, the region is rich in culture, silver, and sprawling castles. The death of its beloved ruler, Emperor Charles IV, has plunged the kingdom into dark times: war, corruption, and discord are tearing this jewel of the Holy Roman Empire apart.
One of Charles' sons, Wenceslas, has inherited the crown. Unlike his father, Wenceslas is a naive, self-indulgent, unambitious monarch. His half-brother and King of Hungary, Sigismund the Red Fox, senses weakness in Wenceslas. Feigning good will, Sigismund travels to Bohemia and kidnaps his half-brother. With no king on the throne, Sigismund is now free to plunder Bohemia and seize its riches.
In the midst of this chaos, you're Henry, the son of a blacksmith. Your peaceful life is shattered when a mercenary raid, ordered by King Sigismund himself, burns your village to the ground. By bittersweet fortune, you are one of the few survivors of this massacre.
Without a home, family, or future you end up in the service of Lord Radzig Kobyla, who is forming a resistance against the invasion. Fate drags you into this bloody conflict and shoves you into a raging civil war, where you help fight for the future of Bohemia.
- Massive realistic open world: Majestic castles, vast fields, all rendered in stunning high-end graphics.
- Non-linear story: Solve quests in multiple ways, then face the consequences of your decisions.
- Challenging combat: Distance, stealth, or melee. Choose your weapons and execute dozens of unique combos in battles that are as thrilling as they are merciless.
- Character development: Improve your skills, earn new perks, and forge and upgrade your equipment.
- Dynamic world: Your actions influence the reactions of the people around you. Fight, steal, seduce, threaten, persuade, or bribe. It’s all up to you.
- Historical accuracy: Meet real historical characters and experience the genuine look and feel of medieval Bohemia.