Tetracast - Episode 208: Getting Over the Language Barrier
Welcome to the latest edition of the Tetracast, RPG Site's regular, seemingly weekly podcast!
After a busy E3 season, we are relatively back to normal in this episode, with Bryan and George discussing all things Yuffie and Final Fantasy VII Remake Episode INTERmission. Josh and Adam both had a chance to play through Scarlet Nexus, which seems promising as a brand new IP from Bandai Namco, and go at length on the game's style and substance. Chao jumps into nostalgia with Aion Classic, and George wraps up Returnal.
The news section this week is headlined by the official localization announcement of four Falcom Trails titles, some finally getting an official English release about a decade after their debut in Japan. We also have new sales milestones for the NieR series, the most important update ever made ever, and more!
This edition of the Tetracast features Bryan Vitale (@zeomassicot), Josh Torres (@HD_Kirin), George Foster (@gepugg), James Galizio (@theswweet), Adam Vitale (@king_seda), and Chao Min Wu. You can find links to the full episode of the podcast below along with our RSS feed, and also subscribe to us on iTunes or Google Podcasts, and follow on Spotify!
- 0:00 - Intro
- 2:23 - Final Fantasy VII Episode Intermission
- 18:58 - Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
- 27:51 - Returnal
- 31:08 - NEO: The World Ends With You Demo
- 37:47 - Monster Hunter Stories 2 Preview
- 53:45 - Aion Classic and Final Fantasy XIV
- 1:13:49 - Scarlet Nexus
- 1:59:04 - Guilty Gear Strive
- 2:02:51 - Legend of Mana Remaster
- 2:12:05 - RPG Site Feature shoutouts
- 2:14:23 - Bitmap Books: A Guide to Japanese Role-Playing Games
- 2:16:41 - SaGa re-release sales have exceeded Square Enix's expectations + interview
- 2:27:10 - NIS America officially announces Trails from Zero, Trails to Azure, Trails into Reverie, and The Legend of Nayuta: Boundless Trails
- 3:01:49 - Kuro no Kiseki details Elaine Auclair, Rene Kincaird, and LGC alignment system
- 3:06:59 - An animated TV show based on Final Fantasy IX is seemingly in production
- 3:14:10 - NieR: Automata surpasses 6 million units shipped, NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139... surpasses 1 million
- 3:15:24 - Atelier Online: Alchemist of Bressisle launches in English on July 8, Dragon Star Varnir for Nintendo Switch launches on August 3
- 3:16:51 - Greedfall Gold Edition launches for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S on June 30
- 3:18:31 - Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin update lets you carry a cat and a dog at the same time
- 3:21:08 - Knights in the Nightmare remaster unveiled for Switch/mobile in Japan - coming 2021
- 3:23:29 - Square Enix announces cross media project Deep Insanity: Asylum, The Lost Child, and Nirvana
- 3:25:52 - Cyberpunk 2077 finally back on PSN
- 3:31:25 - Signoff