Learn more about Fuga: Melodies of Steel battle system and facilities
CyberConnect2 has published more new screenshots and trailers for Fuga: Melodies of Steel, showcasing more of the title's gameplay systems. Most of the game will revolve around the colossal tank Taranis.
Fuga: Melodies of Steel will have turn-based timeline battles. But instead of having each party members fight on their own, all allies will fight together inside Taranis while taking turns by manning different turrets.
The game will test the player's strategy in these battles. The Taranis has three different turret types, and each enemy is weak against one of them. Hitting an enemy with its weakness will delay its turn. The player can opt to exploit the weaknesses and destroy enemies before they can even get a chance to deal damage to the Taranis. The Formation menu will allow you to change the turret placements as you encounter different types of enemies.
The Intermission phase will also see the characters work and interact inside Taranis. The player will be able to upgrade the tank and build relationships between characters. However, each interaction and facility usage will consume AP (Action Points) which is only available in a finite amount for each phase.
- Workshop: Improve the Taranis' HP, SP, and weapons by spending materials.
- Scrap Fishing: Use fishing rods to collect materials needed to upgrade the Taranis at the Workshop.
- Messroom: Use ingredients to cook meals that can give temporary buffs to character stats and resistances.
- Farm: Plant seeds and sprouts to harvest ingredients that will be used in the Messroom.
- Beds: Resting characters will allow them to not only gain experience points but also recover from injuries and incapacitations.
- Laundry Room: Tasking two different characters to do laundry together will let them gain a lot of affection points with each other.
- Observation Room: Perform observations to obtain information about the next stage.
- Control Room: Set the character turret placements before the next stage begins.
CyberConnect2 will release Fuga: Melodies of Steel digitally for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, and PC via Steam and Epic Games Store on July 29. You can also check out our recent interview with Yoann Gueritot, the game's creative director.