Death's Gambit Afterlife shares new details with an Overview Trailer
Publisher Serenity Forge and developer White Rabbit have released a lengthy narrated overview trailer for Death's Gambit Afterlife - a new enhanced re-release for the 2018 souls-like metroidvania.
Death's Gambit Afterlife was originally announced in an IGN Expo stream in early June, although details were scarce at the time. The re-release is coming to Nintendo Switch first in 2021, a new platform entirely for the game, followed by 'additional platforms' at a later date.
The trailer, narrated by director Jean Canellas, mentions that Death's Gambit Afterlife is a 'massive free update' to Death's Gambit, implying that PS4 or Steam players that already own the original game will be able to upgrade to the new content at no cost, although the new version hasn't been specifically announced for any other platform besides Nintendo Switch at this time. Additionally, a price has yet to be determined.
It's worth mentioning the original game was published by Adult Swim Games, while the Nintendo Switch version is published by Serenity Forge, so perhaps Adult Swim Games or developer White Rabbit will be able to give more details on other platform dates and prices once the Switch version has released.
The trailer, an FAQ, and some screenshots can be found below.
- Question: Is DEATH’S GAMBIT: AFTERLIFE exclusive to Nintendo Switch?
- Answer: Death's Gambit: Afterlife will be coming first to the Nintendo Switch and will come to additional platforms at a later date.
- Question: Will there be exclusive content in the Nintendo Switch version?
- Answer: Death’s Gambit: Afterlife will have the same content across all platforms.
- Question: When will AFTERLIFE release on Nintendo Switch?
- Answer: Death’s Gambit: Afterlife will be coming to Nintendo Switch in 2021.
- Question: How much will DEATH’S GAMBIT: AFTERLIFE cost on Nintendo Switch?
- Answer: The price is to be determined.
- Question: What languages will AFTERLIFE support at launch? Are there any future plans to translate the game to additional languages?
- Answer: Death’s Gambit: Afterlife will support the same 6 languages as the original game’s release (English, French, Italian, German, European Spanish and Brazilian Portugese). We are looking to add more languages to the game after release.
- Question: Will there be future updates to DEATH’s GAMBIT after the launch of AFTERLIFE?
- Answer: The team is currently focusing on making sure Afterlife is a complete and engaging experience.