Square Enix highlights job adjustments, new Sage and Reaper jobs in Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker
Square Enix has released the Job Action Trailer and related details for Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker, showcasing adjustments being made to each job with the release of the new expansion, as well as an introduction to the new sage and reaper jobs, and more. You can also check out the 7-hour broadcast recording of this weekend's Live Letter here.
The lengthy trailer and details from Square Enix can be found below. For more information, Nova Crystallis has a thorough breakdown of everything shown in this weekend's Live Letter #66 presentation.
Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker is set to release on November 23 for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and PC, with early access available on November 19.
Further details revealed for Endwalker during the livestream include:
- Job Adjustments – Building upon changes implemented in Shadowbringers, Endwalker will bring new gameplay experiences for Disciples of War and Magic jobs. Updates include significant changes to Summoner job mechanics, the addition of single target buffs for all healer jobs, timing-based effects added to some tank defensive cooldowns, and much more.
- Duty Reward Adjustments – Trials on both Normal and Extreme difficulties, which provide weapons as a reward, will now drop a weapon coffer alongside one of the available weapon rewards, allowing players to more easily obtain weapons of their choosing.
- System-related Updates – Various quality of life updates such as enhanced HUD customization, improved ground targeting functionality, and UI updates will be added.
- Adjustments to HQ Items – To help reduce overall inventory bloat and preventing unintended procurement of HQ items, certain items such as gathered items, enemy drops, and token exchange materials will no longer be available as high-quality items. Gatherer actions, quests, and achievements related to HQ items will undergo adjustments accordingly; however, crafted items and equipment will remain available as both normal- and high-quality.
- Post-Release Patch Update – Due to the urgent need to address server congestion, the Data Center Travel system is scheduled for implementation after Patch 6.0
Players can also look forward to upcoming in-game content and new Endwalker information in the months leading up to launch on November 23, 2021:
- Final Fantasy XV Collaboration Event – From now through October 18, Noctis Lucis Caelum returns to the world of Hydaelyn. Players who have reached level 50 and completed the main scenario quest “The Ultimate Weapon” can participate to earn numerous rewards, including Noctis’ hairstyle and outfit, the four-player Regalia Type-G mount and more. Players who had previously completed this quest can use the new Seasonal Event Replay feature to experience it once again and adventure alongside Noctis.
- Final Fantasy XIV x Dragon Quest X Collaboration Event – The wonderful world of Dragon Quest X returns to Eorzea from October 19 through November 11 with the “Breaking Brick Mountains” collaboration event. Players can take part in this limited-time event, battling powerful and pernicious golems to earn Dragon Quest-themed rewards.
- Final Fantasy XIV Letter from the Producer LIVE #67 – Join Final Fantasy XIV Online Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida on November 5, 2021 as he reveals more of what is to come in Endwalker, including details on new PvP content, additional crafter and gatherer updates, gameplay changes, and more. The broadcast will air on the official Final Fantasy XIV Twitch Channel.