Dragon Quest X Offline launches for PS4, PS5, Switch, and PC Steam in Japan on February 26, 2022
Square Enix revealed the release date for Dragon Quest X Offline at Tokyo Game Show 2021. The game will be available in Japan for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Nintendo Switch, and PC via Steam on February 26, 2022. This release date goes in line with the Early 2022 release window initially announced last May.
As shown in the first teaser trailer, the offline version's biggest difference from the online version will be the chibi deformed character models. The upcoming offline game will launch with the "Awakening of the Five Tribes" story content from the first version. A major expansion DLC will add the Version 2 story "The Sleeping Hero and the Guided Allies" later on.
The offline version of the "Awakening of the Five Tribes" story will have five characters accompanying the protagonist as party members. The player can have up to four active party members during battles. The companions will also have lines voiced by their voice actors from Dragon Quest Rivals.
- Maille (VA: Aya Endo)
- Fuura (VA: Haruka Shiraishi)
- Fuser (VA: Nobunaga Shimazaki)
- Laguas (VA: Tomoyo Kurosawa)
- Duston (VA: Kentaro Ito)
Square Enix has also published a Q&A page on the game's official website. It contains more details on the upcoming release:
- The platforms will only have a difference in the hardware processing power; the game content will be the same.
- A network connection is only needed to download DLC or update patches; the game's story can be played without any connection.
- There may be some changes to the story in accordance with the lack of online features.
- The major expansion DLC will be based on the Version 2 story of the online game. It will also be available for purchase separately in the future.
- Players with a PlayStation 4 copy can get a PlayStation 5 upgrade for free.
- The online and offline versions are completely different games, so you cannot transfer save data between each other.
- There will be no cross-platform save feature on different platforms.
Find the official release date trailer for Dragon Quest X Offline right below. Square Enix has yet to announce an English localization for this title.