Action RPG Maglam Lord is coming to the West on February 4, 2022, for Switch and PS4
PQube has announced that Maglam Lord, a stylish JRPG with a devilish touch, is coming to the West on February 4, 2022, for Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4. Expect a double dose of snappy action and soulmate-searching.
Maglam Lord's development staff includes several members that have worked on the Summon Night RPG series, including writer Kei Miyakozuki. Much of the game resembles Summon Night in nature, notably its dating component common to the series, as well as combat gameplay reminiscent of the Summon Night: Swordcraft Story sub-series. It's also worth mentioning that Maglam Lord is developed by Felistella, the developer of Summon Night 5.
The publisher has kindly assembled a localization announcement trailer that may or may not burden players with the very survival of their species.
Here's an overview of Maglam Lord's core gameplay features:
- Take on the role of a Demon Lord, as your body becomes a mythic weapon to restore your former powers
- Genre-defying gameplay with fast-paced and intuitive hack ‘n' slash style real-time combat
- Craft and customise weapons, forging unique blades with a huge variety of special effects and decorations
- Find your true soulmate as you fight alongside your allies and build relationships with dating sim elements
- Choose a male or female protagonist, each with unique art and voice acting
- 20+ DLC packs with content from franchises such as the 'Tales of' Series!
And here's a plot primer for all you freshly-awakened fiends:
Waking up in a new world, you discover that you are the last of your species… an endangered Demon Lord, powerless and alone. Embark on a quest to restore your powers and reclaim your former glory.
Forging mythic blades and unbreakable bonds, 'MAGLAM LORD' combines action RPG elements such as real-time hack ‘n slash combat with dating sim mechanics and story-telling.
Brought to you by D3PUBLISHER, developer FELISTELLA, and writer Kei Miyakozuki of 'Summon Night' fame, as well as stunning character design and illustration by lack, who designed "Okada Izo" in the game 'Fate Grand Order'!
You can pre-order Maglam Lord right now on the Switch eShop and PSN Store. In addition to the standard version, the game also sports a limited-edition look with a 52-page artbook and decorative box.
Catch up on all our previous coverage of Maglam Lord, including multiple gameplay trailers, to further familiarize yourself with your upcoming life as a Demon Lord.