Ramanas Park is Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl's most legendary locale
We're a little over a week away from the launch of Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl, the hottest new games in this time-tested series until at least... well... eight weeks later.
The Pokemon Company International has been eager to tease returning trainers with all the bells and whistles these Sinnoh remakes have on offer, such as freeing your pocket pals to adventure alongside you. But nothing we've learned thus far rivals today's big unveiling — Ramanas Park, a postgame fun-land featuring fan-favorite legendaries for us to happily bludgeon, freeze, paralyze, and steal from their presumed natural habitats.
At Ramanas Park, your goal will be to find and utilize key items called Slates to trigger encounters with fabled Pokemon from across franchise history. While many of them will be available in both games, version exclusives include Ho-Oh and the Johto trio for Brilliant Diamond; Lugia and the Kanto trio for Shining Pearl.
Additionally, save data from Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu & Let's Go Eevee will net you a Mew, and a Pokemon Sword & Shield file is your ticket to Jirachi. Easy-peasy.
Nintendo has also announced the patch notes for Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl's Ver. 1.1.0 update, available on November 11. Needless to say, the vast majority of us won't be downloading this patch right when it goes live, but the hefty download will be there for us at launch.
Ver. 1.1.0 (Releasing November 11, 2021)
Communication functions added for the Grand Underground, Super Contest Shows, Union Room, and Mystery Gift
- You’ll be able to enjoy local and internet communication functions of game features like the Grand Underground, Super Contest Shows, and the Union Room. You’ll also be able to receive gifts via Mystery Gift.
Post–Hall of Fame elements added
- Some game elements you’ll be able to enjoy after entering the Hall of Fame, such as Ramanas Park, will be implemented.
- Note: If you have game data that reflects that you have already entered the Hall of Fame, you can play these elements immediately after updating the software.
Some in-game movies and animation added
- Certain animated scenes and movies, including the opening movie that plays when the software is opened and the ending movie, will be implemented.
- Note: An opening movie has been added that plays when the software is opened. You can see it by closing the game and re-opening it with existing save data.
- Note: An ending movie has been added. Even if you have already reflected entering the Hall of Fame on your save data, you can see the ending by entering the Hall of Fame again.
Some issues have also been fixed for more pleasant gameplay.
Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl will launch for Nintendo Switch on November 19.