Tetracast - Episode 230: Squashing Bugs
Welcome to the latest edition of the Tetracast, RPG Site's regular, seemingly weekly podcast!
This week the cast decides to round up some more final thoughts on November releases as we head into the last month of the year. Josh is just about to finish Shin Megami Tensei V and discusses with Bryan the strengths of weaknesses of the latest entry in the series. Bryan then concludes his thoughts on Ruined King: A League of Legends Story from last week, largely wishing that the game had a bit more polish. James similarly gives his near-final impressions on Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl, finding the level of challenge impressive but also encountering numerous bugs as well. The cast then tangents off into non-RPG topics such as a divisive reception to Halo Infinite's battle pass and progression systems.
News this week includes two game announcements with the new Utawarerumono title Monochrome Moebius: Toki no Taika alongside a new Neptunia spin-off in Hyperdimension Neptunia: Sisters Vs Sisters. though neither has been confirmed for localization yet. The cast also discusses how NEO: The World Ends with You underperformed to Square Enix's expectations, Bioware news such as the departure of Dragon Age Creative Director Matt Goldman and a possible new Mass Effect show, and looking forward to Monster Hunter Rise on PC launching with all current updates.
This edition of the Tetracast features Bryan Vitale (@ZeoMassicot), Josh Torres (@HD_Kirin), James Galizio (@Theswweet), and Chao Min Wu. You can find links to the full episode of the podcast below along with our RSS feed, and also subscribe to us on iTunes or Google Podcasts, and follow on Spotify!
- 0:00 - Intro
- 4:09 - Shin Megami Tensei V
- 28:01 - Ruined King: A League of Legends Story
- 42:40 - Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl
- 1:02:35 - Tangent into New World bugs and polish
- 1:07:34 - Tangent into Halo Infinite progression and Game Pass on PC
- 1:18:29 - Hyperdimension Neptunia: Sisters Vs Sisters launches on April 21, 2022 in Japan
- 1:22:41 - Utawarerumono 20th anniversary title Monochrome Moebius launches in 2022
- 1:29:53 - NEO: The World Ends With You underperforms Square Enix's initial expectations
- 1:42:03 - Horizon Forbidden West's developers dive into worldbuilding
- 1:44:40 - Dragon Age Creative Director Matt Goldman exits BioWare, Mass Effect TV series deal reportedly underway at Amazon Studios
- 1:52:18 - Monster Hunter Rise PC version will launch with all major content updates
- 1:54:36 - Bravely Default: Brilliant Lights pre-registration now available in Japan
- 2:00:12 - Upcoming 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim 2nd Anniversary stream coming tomorrow
- 2:04:38 - Spike Chunsoft shares new screenshots Made in Abyss: Binary Star Falling into Darkness
- 2:08:54 - Signoff