Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin version update overhauls 'Sakuna the Efflorescent' minigame, adds new dishes
Marvelous has released a new update for Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin, which overhauls the 'Sakuna the Efflorescent' tower defense minigame, adds new dishes, and makes several other adjustments and bug fixes.
'Sakuna the Efflorescent' is a minigame within Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin in which Sakuna must defend the Tree of Creation of waves of an Aphid swarm.
A Japanese trailer showing some new gameplay of the updated minigame can be found below, alongside the English patch notes. The update increases the pace of the minigame, adds new rewards, and adds new metal, giant, & rainbow aphid types.
- Implemented a complete overhaul for "Sakuna the Efflorescent"
- Added new Spirit Boughs as rewards for "Sakuna the Efflorescent"
- Added dishes that use ingredients which were previously underutilised
- [Editor's Note: Nineteen new dishes are listed on Edelweiss' website.]
- Added several new icons for dishes
- Buffs for different weather patterns now take effect everywhere
- Full Throttle now correctly applies to rainment skills that cause debuffs
- Full Throttle and Divine Maiden now correctly apply to Toxic Crown
- Added to the divine raiment tutorial during the opening
- Minor typo fixes
- Fixed an issue where changing equipment during battle on the lowest floor of Amagaeshi Shrine could cause a crash
- Other minor bug fixes