New update for Cris Tales adds new party member Adri, new dungeon, new ending cutscene, coliseum mode, and bug fixes
Publisher Modus Games and developers Dreams Uncorporated & Syck have today released a free update to Cris Tales, which adds a seventh playable character Adri to the party, as well as a new late-game dungeon, a new coliseum mode, and a new ending cutscene.
Additoinally, alongside the content update is a new patch that addresses various bugs and performance issues.
Cris Tales released for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Xbox Game Pass, Google Stadia, and PC (Steam, Epic, GOG) in July 2021. We found Cris Tales to be a little rough, but endearing, in our review when the game launched.
A new trailer and all the details for the free update can be found below, via Modus Games.
Today’s update adds a wealth of new features to the game, including the brand-new playable character Adri, who will unleash her robotic mechanisms on all who attempt to challenge her. She’ll be able to show off her abilities in the game’s all-new dungeon, which features exclusive enemies and a brand-new story.
Players will also have a chance to flaunt their skills in the new-and-improved Coliseum, where they’ll face off against waves of increasingly challenging enemies with fantastic rewards on the line.
Beyond these new additions, this update adds additional content to Cris Tales such as a new ending (including a brand-new cutscene), significantly decreases load times on the Switch version of the game and more. New players of Cris Tales can also enjoy steep discounts this month.
Bonus Content DLC
New Character – Adri
Seventh playable character who will join your party.
Adri is a robot mechanic who the player first encounters in St. Clarity. She plays a significant part in the late game story.
In combat, Adri acts as a summoner, building simple machines such as mines and turrets that can be enhanced through Crisbell’s time powers.
Alongside Adri comes a new mechanical themed dungeon.
Brand new enemy encounters and unique puzzle solving mechanics.
Return of the new and improved Coliseum
Battle waves of increasingly challenging enemies for new loot, chests, currency, and rewards.
Accessed by speaking to the traveling merchant.
New enemies and a completely original boss.
Completion of the new content introduces a completely new cutscene and a new ending for the game.
New content is accessible in the late game, and players who have already completed the game can just load their most recent save to experience the new content.
- Added a new playable character.
- Added a new side quest and dungeon, with new enemies and a new boss.
- Added a new Colosseum. Speak to the Wandering Merchant to test your mettle!
- (Switch only) Reduced loading times by approximately 30%.
- Fixed an infinite white loading screen that could rarely occur at the end of battles.
- Fixed a gameplay blocker that could rarely occur when a character’s syncro is interrupted.
- Fixed a gameplay blocker that could rarely occur during the Volcano Sisters boss fight.
- Fixed a gameplay blocker that could rarely happen during certain other boss fights.
- Fixed an issue with the Empress’ Gaol ability which could impact party composition after the battle.
- Fixed issues with minor graphical flickering in some backgrounds.
- Various text and graphical fixes.
Additional Nintendo Switch Patch Notes
- Fixed numerous text bugs.
- Fixed numerous user reported soft-locks.
- Fixed an achievement not being unlockable.
- Fixed enemies occasionally not appearing during a battle in the salt mines.
- Fixed the “burn” icon becoming distorted when using Impact Strikes.
- Adjusted pricing for Tents.
- Adjusted pricing for the Distortion Ring.
- Crisbell now learns Heal at level 2.
- The Empress will now use perfect heal for only two turns.
Beginning December 23, Cris Tales will be on sale on the following platforms:
- Xbox: 35% off
- Nintendo Switch (North America): 50% off
- Steam: 50% off