Square Enix announces Voice of Cards: The Forsaken Maiden, set to release for PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC on February 17
While The Forsaken Maiden is now the second game in the Voice of Cards series, following last year's The Isle Dragon Roars, Square Enix states it is 'a standalone experience for both old and new fans.' Creative director Yoko Taro, composer Keiichi Okabe, and artist Kimihiko Fujisaka all return as key staff.
Various DLC options are also available for the game, changing the appearance of cards, dice, and other objects with a NieR: Automata theme.
The announcement trailer, description in full, and screenshot set can be seen below, via Square Enix.
Square Enix today revealed Voice of Cards: The Forsaken Maiden, the latest addition to the unique Voice of Cards card-based RPG franchise, which will be available digitally for the Nintendo Switch™ system, PlayStation 4 console and PC via Steam on February 17, 2022. Voice of Cards: The Forsaken Maiden is a standalone experience that both new players and fans of Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars, can enjoy, and is told entirely through the medium of cards.
Players can escape to an illustrated world presented in the medium of cards with the Voice of Cards series' second release, brought to life once again by the creative team behind the beloved NieR and Drakengard series, including Creative Director, Yoko Taro (Drakengard series, NieR series), Music Director, Keiichi Okabe (Drakengard 3, NieR series) and Character Designer, Kimihiko Fujisaka (Drakengard series). Set on a remote chain of islands that have been protected by the Maidens for generations, the turn-based adventure will have players follow the protagonist to save the people of the island as they face the threat of destruction. In this touching tale set in a world of melancholic beauty, players will set sail for the high seas, together with Laty, a girl who failed to become a maiden.
For fans of the NieR series, a NieR:Automata-themed bundle set will be available for purchase for North America, which includes the Voice of Cards: The Forsaken Maiden game and several themed DLC items* that unlock in-game content, such as:
- Puppet’s Costume – An additional design for Barren, Laty and Lac’s outfits**
- YoRHa Emblem – Replaces the design on the backs of the cards with the YoRHa emblem**
- 2B Avatar – A 2B-inspired design for the player avatar, which can be used on the world map
- The Copied City Board – A Copied City-themed battle board and gem box***
- Machine Lifeform Table – A machine-lifeform-themed design for the game table**
- Resistance Jukebox – Allows you to change the BGM to music that evokes the memory of the androids who fought to the death for the sake of humanity**
- Pixel Art Set – Replace all character and enemy illustrations with pixel art**
- Automata Dice – A Pod-themed design for your dice (available in North America and Asia only) **
*The items sold in this set will be available for individual purchase after the game release.
**The appearance will not change in some sections.
***The Copied City Board content does not include dice DLC.
Fans who pre-order Voice of Cards: The Forsaken Maiden on the Nintendo Switch system or Steam will receive the “Whale of Fortune Pattern” DLC, which unlocks a card design featuring a legendary whale said to bring good fortune, and the “Ocean Tile Table” DLC, which unlocks an ocean-themed design for the game table.
Voice of Cards: The Forsaken Maiden is rated T (Teen) and will be available for digitally for the Nintendo Switch system, PlayStation 4 console and PC via Steam on February 17, 2022.