Marvelous to release juvenile RPG LOOP8 for PS4, Xbox One, and Switch in 2022 in Japan
The Japanese version of the February 2022 Nintendo Direct had a new RPG reveal exclusive to the country (perhaps to offset another glaring lack of Advance Wars). It unveiled LOOP8, a Japanese juvenile RPG that Marvelous will release in 2022. After the Direct had ended, Marvelous set up their own official website and confirmed that this game will come to not only Nintendo Switch but also PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
LOOP8 will take place in a Japanese rural town in August 1983. The game's core element will let the player go back in time. The player will assume the role of a male high school student named Nini. He will have to find out certain people who have been inhibited by menacing monsters and engage in otherworldly battles while building relationships with other characters. The game will also include an emotional AI that generates different character reactions based on the situation and relationship status.
The website also has a list of key staff members working on LOOP8:
- Game Design & Scenario: Yuuri Shibamura (Gunparade March, Touken Ranbu)
- Character Designers: En Morikura (VTuber Kizuna AI) and Shingo Adachi (Sword Art Online anime)
- Concept Art: Kitsuneiro (Vocaloid song "Amatsu Kitsune")
- Music Composer: Noriyuki Iwadare (Ace Attorney series)
- Development Producer: Yoichi Miyaji (Grandia and Lunar series)
- Theme Song Singer: NaHo / QiSui (also performed a song for Beijing 2022 Winter Olympics)
Find the Japanese official trailer for LOOP right below. This game did not show up in the English Nintendo Directs, and Marvelous has yet to announce a western localization either.