Marvelous Europe announces side-scroller action RPG Mandragora for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, and PC
Publisher Marvelous Europe and developer Primal Game Studio have announced Mandragora, a story-driven, side-scroller action RPG set to release for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, and PC (Steam). A release window has not been announced at this time.
Mandragora is set in the 'vast, interconnected' world of Faelduum, where monsters have put the lives of humankind on the brink. Primal Game Studio promises horrific monsters, vibrant locations, brutal combat, and harsh moral choices.
An announcement trailer, description, and screenshot/art set can be found below, via Marvelous. The official website is here.
Primal Game Studio and Marvelous Europe are thrilled to reveal Mandragora, a story-driven, side-scroller action RPG set in a universe of gorgeous paint strokes and inevitable tragedy.
Developed by Primal Game Studio and published by Marvelous Europe, Mandragora is a challenging, but rewarding Metroidvania-inspired adventure coming to PC, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S and Nintendo Switch.
Istvan Zsuffa, Creative Director at Primal Game Studio said “Mandragora is a genre-blending mix of everything we love about our favourite games, which made it a challenge to find the right publisher who understands our vision for a title that doesn't fit into just one box. That's why we're so glad to be working with Marvelous Europe to help bring our game to the players on all their favourite platforms. We're thankful for all the fan support so far and can't wait to continue this journey together!"
“We’re thrilled to bring Primal Game Studio’s vision to the world.” added Marc Melton, Managing Director at Marvelous Europe. “Mandragora is a fantastic project, with huge potential, marking a new step in how we work with development studios and we’re excited to have found such great partners.”
In Mandragora, mankind has surrendered the world to the monsters. People hide away behind walls of brick and palisades of ignorance, constructed by their leaders. Joy and delight are coveted jewels, out of reach of the masses. This is not the world you were promised. Travel by night and take it back.
Journey through a world in decline, slowly falling prey to the damaging effects of Entropy. Fight against vicious enemies, challenge unique, deadly bosses, meet new allies, enemies, and every shade in-between, and make harsh moral choices. There are many paths worth taking. Choose yours.
- Explore a universe of gorgeous paint strokes: Immerse yourself in a rich, dark, painterly 2.5D world as the epic and twisted music composed by Christos Antoniou brings this atmospheric world to life.
- Delve into a story-driven dark fantasy adventure: Leave the sanctuary of the Crimson City and travel through a vast, interconnected world that will take you from dark forests to deadly swamps, burning deserts and more.
- Enter the dark realm of Entropy: Acquire the legendary Witch Lantern and enter the dark realm of Entropy through tears in the fabric of reality.
- Encounter horrific monsters and terrifying creatures: Add fallen foes to your bestiary as you battle distinctive enemies and unique, deadly bosses to discover what really lurks in the shadows.
- Upgrade your toolset: Find artisans to join your growing caravan to unlock new upgrades. Grow herbs to brew beneficial potions and craft powerful weapons, armour and trinkets to help you along the way.
- Play your way: Master the punishing side-scrolling action as one of multiple unique classes and customize your character’s active skills through a deep and rewarding character development system. Complete the game and start anew on countless NG+ difficulty levels.