Tetracast - Episode 238: I became a panda
Welcome to the latest edition of the Tetracast, RPG Site's regular, seemingly weekly podcast! This week's lengthy episode works to balance last week's short one, as we have a lot to talk about, both on the games preview end and new announcements.
We open things up with this week's release of MMORPG Lost Ark, which seems to have taken the gaming world by storm at the moment, with more than 1 million concurrent players on Steam at the time of this recording. Josh Torres and James Galizio go all in all this new adventure, detailing its style, classes, mechanics, tone, quests, and a whole bunch more.
Afterward, we get pod-bombed by RPG Site boss Alex Donaldson, who discusses his time with a preview version of Elden Ring, and how it looks to shake up both the Souls-like and open-world RPG formulas. He also kicks us into one of our best and worst tangents talking about experiences with preview events, as well as speculation on upcoming games by Square Enix, Capcom, and more.
Back on track, we have a bunch of news from this week's Nintendo Direct and elsewhere to get into, including the highlight announcements of Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition, a Live A Live remake, and Xenoblade Chronicles 3. We also, of course, discuss other announcements like Front Mission 1st: Remake, Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes, and more.
This edition of the Tetracast features Bryan Vitale (@ZeoMassicot), Jess Reyes (@JPReyes__), Adam Vitale (@King_Seda), Josh Torres (@HD_Kirin), James Galizio (@Theswweet), Chao Min Wu, and a surprise appearance by Alex Donaldson (@APZonerunner). You can find links to the full episode of the podcast below along with our RSS feed, and also subscribe to us on iTunes or Google Podcasts, and follow on Spotify!
- 2:36 - RPGSite.net feature shoutout (Arceus Review, Elden Ring Preview, Atelier Sophie 2 Interview)
- 10:41 - Lost Ark
- 54:00 - Elden Ring hands-on Preview
- 1:25:00 - Alex storytime about preview opportunities
- 1:37:36 - Live A Live getting a western release is a huge deal
- 1:56:43 - Tangent about game leaks
- 2:10:31 - Square Enix announces Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition remaster, launching on April 7
- 2:18:44 - Xenoblade Chronicles 3 launches in September for Nintendo Switch; character art and story ties revealed
- 2:27:51 - Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes brings Three Houses cast to Switch on June 24
- 2:33:36 - Other February Nintendo Direct news (Advance Wars, Front Mission, SD Gundam Battle, Chocobo GP, LOOP8)
- 2:56:48 - Edge of Eternity developer Midgar Studio acquired by Nacon
- 2:58:58 - Octopath Traveler: Champions of the Continent coming to North America and Europe in 2022, with a beta test planned for Spring
- 3:02:19 - Scarlet Nexus 1.07 update and "Brain Eater Pack"
- 3:04:59 - Roguevania sidescroller GetsuFumaDen: Undying Moon now available for Nintendo Switch and Steam
- 3:05:50 - Release Date rundown (FFVI Pixel Remaster, The Cruel King and the Great Hero, Kowloon Highschool Chronicle PS4, Chernobylite, Salt and Sacrifice, Disgaea 6 Complete)
- 3:18:13 - Signoff