Tetracast - Episode 237: All the Combees are Boys
Welcome to the latest edition of the Tetracast, RPG Site's regular, seemingly weekly podcast!
This episode of the podcast goes all-in on Pokemon Legends: Arceus. Bryan discusses his time starting out with the game while Jess and James continue their discussion last week about what Arceus does well, and what it all means for future games in the series to potentially build on from.
A slow end of January means a slow bit of news this week, but the surprise announcement of Voice of Cards: The Forsaken Maiden heads up the discussion, as a sort of follow up to last year's Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars. The seemingly notorious PlayStation 1 RPG Shadow Madness is coming to Steam in not too long, and Genshin Impact gets another major update in the middle of the month as well. Finally, Pokemon games continue to sell well with Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl nearly reaching the 14 million sales mark, and Pokemon Legends: Arceus becoming one of the fastest-selling Pokemon games ever.
This edition of the Tetracast features Bryan Vitale (@ZeoMassicot), Jess Reyes (@JPReyes__), Adam Vitale (@King_Seda), James Galizio (@Theswweet), and Chao Min Wu. You can find links to the full episode of the podcast below along with our RSS feed, and also subscribe to us on iTunes or Google Podcasts, and follow on Spotify!
- 0:00 - Intro
- 2:06 - Pokemon Legends: Arceus
- 34:55 - Other games we’re playing or looking forward to
- 36:39 - Square Enix announces Voice of Cards: The Forsaken Maiden, set to release on February 17
- 41:55 - Ghostwire: Tokyo Preview
- 44:15 - PlayStation RPG Shadow Madness to release for Steam on February 15
- 46:36 - Genshin Impact version 2.5 launches on February 16, adding new five-star character Yae Miko, new story quests for Raiden Shogun, new exploration events, and more
- 54:26 - Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris to receive four more free Ancient Apostle storyline DLCs
- 56:18 - Nintendo's Q3 FY2022 results state Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl at 13.97 million, Pokemon Legends: Arceus sells 6.5 million copies in its first week.
- 1:01:51 - Blue Reflection: Second Light has surpassed 120,000 units sold
- 1:04:41 - Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons launches on February 28
- 1:06:21 - Puzzle Quest 3 launches on March 1 for mobile devices and Steam
- 1:07:35 - Neptunia x Senran Kagura: Ninja Wars launches for Nintendo Switch on April 19 in North America and April 22 in Europe
- 1:08:46 - Signoff