Tetracast - Episode 250: A Hard M
Welcome to the latest edition of the Tetracast, RPG Site's regular, seemingly weekly podcast!
Due to a light RPG release slate in recent weeks, following the tumultuous February and March, this episode of the podcast opens up a bit outside the usual genre scope as we discuss games we've been playing for our backlogs. This includes the recently released Trek to Yomi, classic Zelda & Metroid titles, Madworld (written by Yasumi Matsuno!), and even a word puzzle game called Knotwords.
While the news slate this week was mostly light, a major exception is the surprising sale of Eidos Montreal, Crystal Dynamics, and Square Enix Montreal to Embracer Group. We also chat about new release dates for Outward: Definitive Edition, Wolfstride for Switch, and Prinny Presents NIS Classics Volume 3.
This edition of the Tetracast features Bryan Vitale (@ZeoMassicot), Josh Torres (@HD_Kirin), Adam Vitale (@King_Seda), James Galizio (@Theswweet), and Chao Min Wu. You can find links to the full episode of the podcast below along with our RSS feed, and also subscribe to us on iTunes or Google Podcasts, and follow on Spotify!
- 0:00 - Intro
- 1:54 - Trek to Yomi
- 21:15 - Tri Force Heroes
- 29:32 - Metroid: Samus Returns
- 38:00 - Knotwords
- 47:53 - Tactics Ogre: One Vision mod
- 53:29 - MadWorld
- 1:04:37 - RPG Site Features: Superfuse, .hack//G.U. Last Recode on Switch
- 1:07:00 - Embracer Group agrees to acquire Crystal Dynamics, Eidos, Square Enix Montreal studios, Deus Ex, Tomb Raider IPs, and more
- 1:29:32 - Square Enix updates Actraiser Renaissance with new music, adjusted gameplay balance, and new gameplay mode, Babylon’s Fall player count woes
- 1:37:39 - Release dates: Wolfstride to Nintendo Switch on May 10, Outward: Definitive Edition is coming on May 17, Prinny Presents NIS Classics Volume 3 launches on August 30
- 1:44:30 - Final Fantasy XVI's latest trailer is supposedly coming soon
- 1:47:09 - Signoff