FuRyu opens teaser website for action RPG 'Project TriTri', set to release for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch
FuRyu has opened a teaser website for "Project TriTri", an action RPG set to release for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch in Japan later this year.
The website lists the key credits as follows:
- World Design: Nobuteru Yuki (Trials of Mana, Chrono Cross)
- Character Design: Raita Kazama (Xenoblade, Puzzle & Dragons)
- Scenario: Yura Kubota (Octopath Traveler, Bravely Default II)
- Music: Hiroki Kikuta (Secret of Mana, Trials of Mana)
- ____ Design: Atsuko Nishida, Tomohiro Kitakaze, Megumi Mizutani (Pokemon series)
- Animation: Domerica [Various Persona game animations]
- Development: Three Rings [One Piece Romance Dawn, Assassination Classroom: Assassin Training Plan]
A "confidential" document [PDF] can be found on the website, offering details about the game, story, and characters. The RPG, whose final title looks to be "Tri???? Tri????", seems to include Pokemon-like characters, as well as multiplayer capability of up to three players. Gematsu offers the following translation of the document contents.
What is PROJECT-TRITRI?
A revival of 90s era RPG classics for the modern age. Nostalgic and moving for the adults today who were children back then, and straight fun for the children of today, playable by yourself or with everyone.
The excitement, elevation, and tension that the player feels during the game.
(There are plans to attract interest from users before release through measures such as demos.)
Long ago, the “Gods of Order” and the “Gods of Chaos” fought for control of the world.
Great weapons fell to the land, and the world began to collapse.
Each God chose a proxy—a “Warrior of the Gods”—and it was decided that a winner would be determined by the battles between warriors.
And so time passed…
Cyan, a young man living a quiet life in a small village, learns that he is a “Warrior of Chaos” chosen by the Gods, and sets out on a journey to fight against his cruel fate.
Unique characters designed by Raita Kazama bring the story to life.
???? can only be created by those who possess power, and their appearance and personality are shaped by the image of their creator. They can transform into various weapons to help out their summoner.
- Title: Tri???? Tri????
- Genre: Action RPG
- Platforms: PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Switch
- Players: 1 to 3
- Release Date: Q2 2022 (planned)
We'll have the full announcement on May 26.