Jack Move: I.C.E Breaker prologue now available on Steam
Publisher HypeTrain Digital and developer So Romantic have released Jack Move: I.C.E Breaker, a free prologue demo to the upcoming JRPG-inspired pixel art game Jack Move. The Steam page for the prologue demo can be found here.
We previously reported on Jack Move in June 2020, when the game was originally announced. It's now set to release for PC (Steam) in 2022, with planned releases on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation, and Xbox consoles as well.
Jack Move is an RPG that features gritty cyberpunk storytelling, Japanese-style turn-based battles, and pixel art graphics. You play as vigilante hacker Noa who is thrust into a crime-infested underworld as she searches for her missing father.
We've reposted the announcement trailer below, along with an updated game description and screenshots from HypeTrain Digital. The official website is here.
Jack Move is a JRPG that features a unique blend of gritty cyberpunk story telling, turn based battles, and beautiful modern pixel art. Coming to Steam in 2022.
Take on the role of Noa: A young vigilante hacker from Bright Town. As the overreaching mega-corporation, Monomind, kidnaps her estranged father, Noa has no choice but to get him back, before it's too late. Help her find her dad, as she finds herself on the way.
Noa won't be alone on her journey. She'll be helped out by her best friend and tactical planner, Ryder, as well as her Martini drinking uncle and ex-corporate spy, Guin Blakely.
Jack Move features beautifully animated, exciting and tactical turn based battles.
Customise the software of your Cyber Deck to switch roles mid battle, balancing offence, defence and buffs. Choosing which software you load during battle is the key to victory! Hardware upgrades can help boost your stats, increase the amount of software you can install or give Noa extra abilities.
- Gorgeous “Hi-Bit” pixel art inspired by retro RPG’s and enhanced with modern techniques.
- Battle your foes in cyberspace. Take them down using a multitude of sweet hacking software.
- Explore the dangerous world of Monocity-1 and take down Monomind, the evil mega corporation that controls it.
- Play as Noa Solares, a sassy hacker out to save her father and the world.
- Fight your way through a bunch of dungeons filled with allsorts of cyberpunk villany. Street punks, gangsters, corporate militia, secret service agents, and horrific cyber-experiments-gone-wrong will all be battling against you!