Tetracast - Episode 257: Summer Somnium
Welcome to the latest edition of the Tetracast, RPG Site's regular, seemingly weekly podcast!
In this episode of the podcast, Josh Torres hosts as we open up with early, spoiler-free impressions of AI: The Somnium Files - nirvanA Initiative. Adam briefly discusses his backlog and adventure title Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers, James plays Air Twister - an Apple Arcade exclusive from Shenmue creator Yu Suzuki, and Chao goes over the current state of the game for mobile RPG Epic 7.
News this week is headlined by the recent Nintendo Direct focusing on Xenoblade Chronicles 3, as well as a fresh round of interviews with Naoki Yoshida for Final Fantasy XVI. We also have some first tidbits for the next mainline Ys title, and more.
This edition of the Tetracast features Josh Torres (@HD_Kirin), Adam Vitale (@King_Seda), James Galizio (@Theswweet), and Chao Min Wu. You can find links to the full episode of the podcast below along with our RSS feed, and also subscribe to us on iTunes or Google Podcasts, and follow on Spotify!
- 0:00 - Intro
- 1:36 - AI: The Somnium Files - nirvanA Initiative
- 18:00 - Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers
- 27:30 - Air Twister, an Apple Arcade exclusive from Shenmue creator Yu Suzuki
- 35:24 - Small Saga, an indie RPG featuring an angry mouse
- 48:00 - Epic 7
- 1:09:30 - Article Shoutouts: Symphony of War: The Nephilim Saga Review, .hack//Quarantine price, Mistover delisting
- 1:16:14 - Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Nintendo Direct recap
- 1:33:14 - A fresh round of interviews with Naoki Yoshida reveals dozens of tantalizing new Final Fantasy XVI details
- 1:39:28 - First look at the next mainline Ys game from Famitsu
- 1:45:09 - Rune Factory 5 gets a Steam release on July 13
- 1:50:10 - Tyrant's Blessing launches on August 8 for Nintendo Switch and PC
- 1:51:08 - Hack-and-slash action RPG Dusk Diver 2 launches for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch on August 30
- 1:51:51 - Dragon Quest X Offline set to release in Japan on September 15
- 1:53:37 - Top-down action-adventure RPG Airoheart releases on September 30
- 1:54:41 - Japanese interview tidbits with FromSoftware president Hidetaka Miyazaki
- 1:58:30 - Looking forward to: Star Ocean: The Divine Force-focused Star Ocean Program
- 2:00:27 - Trails from Zero Interview: Toshihiro Kondo on the Crossbell Problem and Beyond
- 2:03:50 - Signoff