Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous ventures to the PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One on September 29; Switch version will run via the Cloud
Developer Owlcat Games and publisher Prime Matter have announced that Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous is coming to the PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One on September 29. The Nintendo Switch release of the title will be running on the cloud, similiar to how the Kingdom Hearts series, Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy, and Hitman 3 were brought over to that platform previously. PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S can run Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous via their backwards compatability feature.
Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous will also be getting its Enhanced Edition released on September 29; that upgraded version of the game will be the standard edition that ships with the console releases. PC owners will receive the update for free on that date.
Its prequel, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, also saw an Enhanced Edition release that added a ton of content and fixes. The additions were so plentiful that the developers had to detail it in two separate blog posts on Steam in 2019. Owlcat Games has yet to detail what is coming in the Enhanced Edition for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous though.
Additionally the third paid DLC to Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous, The Treasure of the Midnight Isles, arrives on August 11 on PC. It can be accessed as a "stand-alone rogue-like mode", or as part of the player's campaign. The DLC consists of a treasure-filled archipelago where players have the option to take their characters from their playthrough or construct an entirely new party to experiment with different party compositions and builds.
Although it is rogue-like in nature, dying won't entirely wipe a player's progress; progression in previous attempts can assist in future tries. The DLC will also contain new magic weapons, potions, and scrolls.
Owlcat Games and Prime Matter has not given a date yet on when The Treasure of the Midnight Isles will be coming to the console versions and will only be available for the PC version on August 11. It is part of the Season Pass for Wrath of the Righteous so owners will automatically receive this DLC when it launches.
Check out the teaser trailer for The Treasure of The Midnight Isles DLC down below.
In this new adventure, you will:
- Explore the vast archipelago full of treasures and dangers in a stand-alone rogue-like mode, or as a part of the main campaign
- Try out different builds and party compositions, taking advantage of the enormous variety of the Pathfinder role-playing system – including the mythic paths
- Death is just a setback! If a party perishes, its progress can still help you in subsequent playthroughs
- Equip new magic weapons, put new magic potions and scrolls on your belt, and challenge both old and new enemies
- Discover the secret of the ship that takes you on your journeys – and the truth about the ultimate treasure you're seeking.
The Treasure of the Midnight Isles DLC can be purchased separately, and will also become available for those who own the Season Pass automatically.