Arrowiz and Prime Matter announce turn-based anime-inspired RPG Mato Anomalies for the PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC coming in 2023
Prime Matter announced that they have signed a publishing deal with developer Arrowiz for their upcoming futuristic, dystopian RPG Mato Anomalies. It is coming to the PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC (Steam) in 2023.
Mato Anomalies is a turn-based anime-inspired RPG that takes place in Mato, a neo-futuristic version of Old Shanghai. Underneath Mato likes another world filled with mysteries and monstrosities. The title features dual protagonists - private detective Doe and mysterious exorcist Gram.
Due to their occupations, they both exhibit distinct playstyles with Doe focused on gathering intel for investigations, while Gram takes the fight to demonic abominations. As Doe discovers clues about the enigmatic anomalies emerging in the city, he will uncover missions and quests for Gram to tackle.
New allies will join Doe and Gram in their quest to find the truth. In battle, a universal health system is shared by all team members. Characters can be enhanced through the gear matrix and dual-talent systems.
Horace Xiong, CEO of Arrowiz, shared some fo their thoughts on the partnership with Prime Matter.
We are excited to share the game we’ve been building over the past two years. Our creative team imagined the deep storyline and world in Mato Anomalies, whose passion brought design to life. Over 50 talented individuals, not including external partners, were involved in this project. We are emboldened by our partner in Prime Matter, who believes in our studio and global vision.
Mario Gerhold, Global Brand & Marketing Director of Prime Matter, also provided a statement on their deal with Arrowiz.
We are delighted to team up with Arrowiz for this upcoming release. Mato Anomalies fits perfectly into our broad portfolio of quality games for gamers and with the studios great ambition it’s also a perfect fit for Prime Matter and we look forward to supporting the team with all of our local and global publishing and marketing experience.
Mato Anomalies will support voiceovers in English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese. As far as its in-game interface is concerned, the title will support English, French, Italian, Spanish - Spain, Japanese, Polish, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese.
The announcement trailer for Mato Anomalies can be seen down below. We have also included a description and its initial screenshots as well.
Mato Anomalies is a turn-based RPG that takes players on a journey across Mato, a fantasized neo-futuristic version of the Old Shanghai. Take control of the Dual Protagonists Doe and Gram to investigate strange anomalies around the city, or venture into rifts to battle demonic abominations determined to bring about the city's downfall.
Team up with unlikely companions and unravel the dark secrets in this story of Duty, Hope and Justice.
- Dual Protagonists - Take control of not just one, but two very distinct protagonists. Gather intel and knowledge to unravel the mystery behind the city of Mato as the private detective Doe, or venture into rifts and battle demonic abominations as the mysterious exorcist Gram.
- Anomalies - Find clues throughout Mato by talking to NPCs, taking on missions and visiting shops to pinpoint Rifts, portals to the demonic creatures attacking the city. Enter at your peril and defeat them in battle and collect abundant rewards.
- Band of Misfits - The enemy of your enemy is your friend. Difficult circumstances make for unlikely friendships. Find new allies during your investigations and gain their trust through conversation and shared experiences.
- Smart Combat - Mato Anomalies provides a unique and challenging battle experience highlighted by shared health across all team members, gear matrix and dual-talent system. A unique combat strategy will be needed if you want to succeed!
- Dual Worlds - Traverse across Mato, a neo-futuristic version of Old Shanghai. Beneath its surface lies another world. Discover Rifts which act as portals into a place beyond space and time, filled with powerful enemies.
- Corrupt or Corrupted - Insidious factions are somehow involved in the dark fate befalling Mato. Can our heroes find out what's going on? Or will they themselves fall victim to despair and corruption?