Cygames shares new trailer for Granblue Fantasy Relink; Assist Mode detailed
During this weekend's Granblue Fantasy Fes Live Stream, Cygames revealed a new trailer for Granblue Fantasy Relink. The footage shows off clips of the RPG's main story mode, as well as combat featuring several of the game's previously-revealed characters, along with the newly-revealed Narmaya. There is still no release date for the RPG, other than '2023'.
Cygames additionally revealed that the game will have Assist Mode options for those who want to experience the story but are unfamiliar with action RPGs.
- Assist Mode: A mode for beginners and casual gamers who want to focus on the story. Perform combos automatically with a single button. Auto-Heal/Auto-Guard/Auto-Dash. Automatically unleash Skybound Arts, Skills, and Link Attacks when conditions are met. Assisted map navigation.
- Full Assist Mode: An accessible mode for players who still want to fully enjoy the game's content. Enjoy dynamic visuals in battle with simplified controls. All actions are performed automatically - all you need to do is move the stick.
Granblue Fantasy Relink has been in development for several years. Historically, information on the game has only come sparingly once-a-year around Granblue Fantasy Fes in December.
- In 2018 we received our first lengthy look at gameplay, though the footage has since been removed from Cygames channel in the wake of PlatinumGames' removal from the project.
- In 2019 we received a trailer and footage featuring Lancelot, Vane, Percival, & Siegfried.
- In 2020 we received ~20 minutes of 'Mega Fleet Battle' footage.
- In 2021 we received platform confirmation of PS5, PS4, and PC, along with details about the RPG's two game modes. The game was given a 2022 release window at the time, but was later delayed to 2023.
You can check out the new trailer below, alongside new screenshots. Granblue Fantasy Relink is set to release for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and PC (Steam).