Pokemon Scarlet and Pokemon Violet DLC The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero launches Fall 2023
Nintendo and The Pokemon Company have announced upcoming DLC for Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet, titled The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero.
This DLC will come in two parts, priced at $34.99:
- Part 1: The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero: The Teal Mask, launching Fall 2023
- Part 2: The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero: The Indigo Disk, launching Winter 2023
An announcement trailer, details, and a screenshot/art set can be found below, via Nintendo & The Pokemon Company.
Today, on Pokémon Day, during a special Pokémon Presents video presentation that was streamed online to fans around the world, The Pokémon Company announced The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero, new downloadable content for the blockbuster Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet video games. Global sales of Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet for the Nintendo Switch family of systems surpassed 10 million combined units in the first three days after their worldwide launch on November 18, 2022—the highest global sales for any software on any Nintendo platform within that timeframe. The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero will take fans deeper into the world of Pokémon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet and consists of two different adventures—Part 1: The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero: The Teal Mask, launching in fall 2023, and Part 2: The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero: The Indigo Disk, releasing at a later date. Fans can purchase The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero now on Nintendo eShop.*
“We are so grateful that millions of Trainers around the world have chosen to explore the expansive Paldea region,” said Tsunekazu Ishihara, president and CEO of The Pokémon Company. “In The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero, fans will take a trip to the land of Kitakami, where they will meet new Pokémon and interesting characters. I sincerely hope that Trainers who embark on this new journey find the same excitement and joy they experienced when they encountered their first Pokémon.”
Players can use their current save data from Pokémon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet to continue their adventure in The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero.** In this new downloadable content, players will be leaving the Paldea region, the setting of Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet. In Part 1: The Teal Mask, a school trip will take players to the land of Kitakami, where they will be joining an outdoors study program held jointly between their academy and another school. In Part 2: The Indigo Disk, players will be traveling to Blueberry Academy, a sister school of their own academy, as exchange students. While this tale is split into two parts, they link together to tell a connected story.
In Part 1: The Teal Mask, players will be chosen to take part in a school trip that is held each year in collaboration with another school. They’ll be taken to the land of Kitakami, where a great mountain towers over the land and the people live at its base. It is a place of tranquil natural expanses, featuring rice paddies and apple orchards. The trip seems to coincide with a festival regularly held in the village in Kitakami during this season, so the village is bustling with various street vendors and stalls. Players will meet new friends and Pokémon as they unravel the mysteries behind the folktales that have been passed down in this land.
In Part 1: The Teal Mask and Part 2: The Indigo Disk, players will be able to encounter over 230 familiar Pokémon that have been found living in other regions but had not appeared in Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet. This includes Pokémon that players will be able to bring to their games via Pokémon HOME or those received in trades.*** Players will also encounter new Legendary Pokémon—Ogerpon in Part 1: The Teal Mask and Terapagos in Part 2: The Indigo Disk. In Part 1: The Teal Mask, three Pokémon named Okidogi, Munkidori, and Fezandipiti also appear. They are beloved by the people of the village as heroes that protected the land of Kitakami in the past, and stone statues were made in their likeness to express the people’s gratitude.
Players who purchase The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero by Tuesday, October 31, 2023, will be given a serial code for a special gift: a Hisuian Zoroark with three special features.**** This Hisuian Zoroark knows the move Happy Hour, which it cannot learn through normal gameplay, along with Tera Blast, Bitter Malice, and Nasty Plot. It has the Charismatic Mark, and it has Dark as its Tera Type. The serial code will be valid until Thursday, February 29, 2024.
- *To purchase The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero from the in-game menu, players must have updated their Pokémon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet game to version 1.2.0 or higher. Full version of game required to use DLC for that game. Sold separately.
- **To begin the main story of Part 1: The Teal Mask, players will need to have begun their Treasure Hunt in Pokémon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet. The start of the Treasure Hunt occurs after about three hours of gameplay, though individual gameplay time may vary. To begin the main story of Part 2: The Indigo Disk, players will need to have reached the ending of their Pokémon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet game and completed the main story of Part 1: The Teal Mask.
- ***Please see here for a list of other titles compatible with Pokémon HOME. The Pokémon that players will be able transfer to each game via Pokémon HOME are limited to Pokémon that can appear in those games.
- ****Players may be able to get Hisuian Zoroark in different ways in the future. Players will need to connect their Nintendo Switch system to the internet to claim this early-purchase bonus. The user profile on a player’s system will need to be linked to a Nintendo Account to connect to the internet. Players can use the serial code for this bonus only once. After they’ve used the code to claim their gift, players will not be able to use the same code in another save file. It takes approximately 1 to 1.5 hours of gameplay before players can access the Mystery Gift feature and use serial codes.