Sky Oceans: Wings for Hire announced for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, and PC
Publisher PQube and Santiago-based Octeto Studios have announced Sky Oceans: Wings for Hire, a turn-based RPG explicitly inspired by Skies of Arcadia, set to release for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, and PC (Steam). A release date has not been given, other than "coming soon".
An announcement trailer, details, and screenshots can be found below, via PQube.
PQube and developers Octeto Studios are excited to announce classic JRPG-inspired 'Sky Oceans: Wings for Hire' is coming to Steam, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series S|X & Nintendo Switch! Set in the open skies, experience adrenaline-filled turn-based dogfights as you take the role of captain and unite a party of rag-tag sky pirates setting upon an unforgettable, touching journey.
- Relive a Golden Era of Classic JRPGs with a touching, heartfelt narrative about the search for purpose & building friendships that last a lifetime.
- Become Captain of a Rag-tag Crew of Sky Pirates! - As head of your crew, you must recruit new members & secure enough resources for your fleet!
- Stylistic, Strategic Turn-Based Dog-Fights! - Tactically plan attacks and adapt your strategy as you clash with adversaries in the open blue skies!
- Gather Resources & Upgrade Your Airships! - Upgrade your crew with new special abilities as you progress through a winding narrative! Manage resources and expand your airship departments as new characters join your band of pirates.
- A Beautiful Ghibili-Esque World, Filled With Wonder - Stunning Japanese animation inspired visuals make for diverse environments and memorable character design. Discover new towns and cultures, and help solve local problems to gain their support and loyalty.
- Original Orchestral Soundtrack - A beautifully orchestrated original soundtrack accompanies you along your journey.
'Sky Oceans: Wings For Hire' is coming to Steam, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series S|X and Nintendo Switch!
About The Game
Centuries have passed since The Great Scattering, a cataclysmic event that shattered the surface of the planet, throwing large portions of land toward the skies, and destroying most of the human civilization in the process.
Remnants of the planet are still found within the atmosphere, where humanity has formed new tribes and adapted to live up in the skies... Take the role of Glenn Windwalker, a young and tenacious captain who yearns for exploration as he is thrust into an adventure of a lifetime...
Explore a Stunning, Vibrant World
Whether you travel on foot through beautifully bustling towns or take to the open skies within your airship, 'Sky Oceans: Wings For Hire' rewards those who explore. Explore diverse locations to build new relationships, and discover additional missions to uncover secret treasures!
Recruit Crew Members & Form Unbreakable Bonds
Recruit your very own crew of swash-buckling Sky Pirates one-by-one. Each unique member comes with their own diverse backgrounds, strengths, weaknesses, likes and dislikes, and you are responsible to keep them happy for bonus efficiency in battles.
There are multiple dialog options while interacting with characters in 'Sky Oceans: Wings For Hire'. Your choices will impact on how they feel about you, so choose your decisions carefully!
Stylistic, Strategic Turn-Based Combat
Clash with adversaries in the open skies in thrilling dogfights, beautifully rendered with gorgeous, screen-popping UI elements. Tactically choose your attacks or take the option to evade incoming fire from your enemies!
After long battles in the skies, it is important to maintain your teams safety. Upgrade your teams offensive and defensive power with extra weapons, reinforced equipment, and agility improvements to help you survive!