Avowed to feature characters from Pillars of Eternity, similar in scope to The Outer Worlds
Following the gameplay reveal trailer from the weekend, during the Xbox Games Showcase Extended 2023, Xbox Games Studios held an interview with game director Carrie Patel regarding Avowed, revealing tidbits about the upcoming first-person action RPG.
Some of these tidbits are as follows.
- While Avowed is set in the Pillars of Eternity world, Patel says "We want this to be a welcoming experience" and players do not have to have played PoE beforehand.
- Some characters from Pillars of Eternity will make an appearance in Avowed, from Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire in particular. Factions from PoE will also be familiar.
- Avowed is set in a section of Eora called the Living Lands, teeming with wildlife and fantastical flora.
- The character from the trailer is named Kai, and he is one of the first companions found in the game.
- There will be a variety of weapon types and related abilities, including swords, axes, pistols, and magic.
- The game size is compared to Knights of the Old Republic II or The Outer Worlds, comprised of a series of interconnected open zones.
The interview can be found below, via IGN.
Avowed is set to release in 2024 for Xbox Series X|S and PC.
Those wishing to discover more about Avowed are invited to join us as we talk to Carrie Patel, Game Director on Avowed, as she gives us our first introduction to the Living Lands, a mysterious island filled with adventure and danger in the fictional world of Eora. Learn about Kai, the first companion introduced to the player, and find out more about your adventures in the upcoming first-person fantasy-RPG from Obsidian Entertainment.