Monster-taming RPG Pry Into The Void coming to PC in 2024, consoles TBA
At BitSummit Let’s Go!! 2023 event, publisher Dangen Entertainment and developer Ernest Placido have announced Pry Into The Void, a monster-raising RPG inspired by Shin Megami Tensei. It is set to release in 2024 for PC (Steam), with PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch versions to follow.
An announcement trailer, description, and screenshot set can be found below, via Dangen Entertainment.
Pry Into The Void is a bleak RPG where the player must pry into the hearts of monsters, converse with their souls, and navigate challenging moral dilemmas to recruit them as allies in order to exploit enemy weaknesses. Inspired by the Shin Megami Tensei series, it is the first entry in Project: Retched Garden, a collection of monster-taming RPGs where the world dies and the flowers scream.
In a world of decay, you play as Josef, a young man who has been thrust into the depths of the Void to defeat the vile being that has been draining the world of its life. With the ability to pry into the hearts of monsters, he must gain allies who will assist him on his descent. Players experience a branching narrative that seeks to explore the personal morals of in-game characters and their own. How will their decisions affect how Josef sees the world?
- Engage in a challenging and rewarding turn-based combat system where you build the perfect party composition and exploit enemy weaknesses and status conditions, inspired by games such as Shin Megami Tensei and Pokemon.
- Converse, negotiate and solve moral dilemmas with the souls of monsters to recruit them – a unique scenario for each monster!
- Follow a bleak and depraved story that will challenge the way you think about each character. Make choices to affect how you see these characters. Can you truly judge a person as binary good or evil?
- Discover multiple endings as you pry your way into the Void. The path to your ending will depend on your own personal morals.
- Replay the game in Blind Prophet Mode, a mode that makes the game more difficult with more permanent gameplay decisions – inspired by popular rules for other monster-taming games (e.g. Nuzlocke).
- Rock out to key music tracks composed and produced by Jun Mitsui.