Free-to-play sidescroller RPG Astra: Knights of Veda launches in late 2023 for PC and mobile devices
Publisher Hybe IM and developer Flint have announced that free-to-play sidescroller RPG Astra: Knights of Veda will launch for mobile devices and PC (Steam) later in 2023.
Astra: Knights of Veda is a follow-up to Dragon Blaze, which released for mobile devices in 2015.
A reveal trailer, description, and screenshots can be found below, via Hybe IM.
Publisher Hybe IM and developer Flint are eager to show off the visually stunning, story-rich 2D RPG, Astra: Knights of Veda, at their dedicated Gamescom booth later this month! Hybe IM is confident in calling its premiere title a “grand masterpiece” and looks forward to entering the global market in a big way with this ambitious, high-quality game. With over seven years of development by a team of 120 skilled developers, Astra: Knights of Veda is expected to be the pinnacle of 2D RPGs when it launches at the end of 2023.
With a team of industry veterans whose past careers include positions at top gaming companies such as NEXON, NCSOFT, and EA Korea supporting the launch of Astra: Knights of Veda, it’s safe to say this is a game the global gaming industry will want to pay attention to.
If you’re attending gamescom, stop by the Astra: Knights of Veda booth at Hall 8.1 / Booth C-038 to experience the cruel and beautiful world and meet the team creating this masterpiece! In the meantime, check out this brand-new trailer featuring a look at the story and gameplay.
There will be another exciting trailer released during gamescom, so keep an eye out for it!
“It is very meaningful in a sense that we get to introduce the strengths of Astra: Knights of Veda, such as solid and rich stories and unique action quality, to gamers around the world. Starting with participating at Gamescom, we will do our best to expand communication points with gamers both domestic and international and launch the game within this year. Please look forward to it.” - Kim Young-mo, Flint CEO
“From G-Star 2022, FGT in Taiwan and Japan, and participating in Gamescom, Astra: Knights of Veda will present a high-quality and enjoyable experience to gamers around the world. Flint's craftsmanship and Hybe IM’s capabilities will be combined to ensure the game is recognized in the global game market.” - Jung Woo-yong, Hybe IM CEO
Astra: Knights of Veda is a visually stunning, story-rich, 2D RPG designed to capture the interest of players around the world. With elements inspired by various games and genres, players can expect an exciting new type of game they have not encountered before. The combination of top-quality story, graphics, sound, and gameplay promises an unforgettable experience.
- A Dark Fantasy Adventure: Lose yourself in the world of an action-packed RPG that draws inspiration from classic beat 'em ups. Engage in tactical combat, experience a captivating story, enjoy impressive art, and discover well-crafted characters.
- Dive into an Immersive Universe: This fully voiced-over experience boasts contributions from renowned voice actors, supported by 200 engaging cutscenes and over 1800 unique illustrations.
- Epic Battles Against Monstrous Foes: Confront gargantuan beasts and relentless undead adversaries through a fully manual, 2D combat system that promises excitement and challenge.
- Captivating Dark Artistry: Enveloping the game is a dark and haunting art style that creates a unique atmosphere and brings to life a diverse cast of characters and horrifying monsters, making your journey all the more enthralling.
- Unite or Compete: Form teams with fellow Knights for immersive PvE experiences, or enter the battlefield for real-time PvP clashes. The choice is yours as you explore both cooperative and competitive gameplay.
- Unearth Treasures and Conquer Nightmares: Face the depths of the Nightmare and test your mettle, or explore the expansive world of Planis to uncover hidden treasures and enhance the capabilities of your Knights of Veda.
- Empower Your Knights, Save the World: Strengthen your Knights and equip them to stand against the ravages that threaten the world. Your journey holds the key to delivering salvation in times of turmoil.
- Seamless Adventures: Enjoy cross-progression between PC and mobile platforms, allowing you to continue your heroic adventures wherever you may roam.
Astra: Knights of Veda will launch on PC and iOS / Android devices near the end of 2023. Keep an eye on Steam store and official social media channels for updates and announcements: