Eastward: Octopia DLC announced, coming this Winter
During today's Nintendo Direct presentation, Chucklefish and Pixpil announced Eastward: Octopia, a farming-themed DLC for the adventure RPG. It is set to release this Winter for Nintendo Switch and PC (Steam).
A reveal trailer, description, and screenshots can be found below, via Chucklefish.
Pixpil and Chucklefish announced Eastward: Octopia during the September Nintendo Direct, a DLC expansion for Eastward that follows Sam and John as they start a peaceful new life as farmers in a remote mountainside village.
Set in a parallel world to Eastward without the dangers of miasma, Eastward: Octopia will see players joining the good life alongside Sam and John, repairing and revitalising an old neglected farmland in this expansive farm-sim DLC.
Players will grow crops, tend to livestock, and unleash their culinary creativity using freshly farmed produce to whip up scrumptious new meals, which are then stored in John’s Big Cookbook. There are fishing holes to visit, ghosts to chat to, and a colourful cast of Eastward characters to impress with John’s new recipes.
As the farm grows, so does the nearby town, with players able to transform an abandoned fairground into a thriving community, constructing homes and shops, and welcoming in familiar NPCs as new neighbours.
Eastward: Octopia Features:
- Help Sam & John lead a peaceful new life in the countryside - no miasma, no hardships, just happy times in a parallel universe
- Revitalise a neglected farmstead; grow crops, rear animals, forage in the wetlands, talk to ghosts, and spend your nights casting your line in the local fishing holes
- Construct and upgrade stores and homes to restore Seagull Town into a thriving community
- As the town begins to flourish, more familiar faces will flock to the area - some may even stay for good!
- Using farm-fresh ingredients and John’s Cookbook, create recipes and whip up delicious culinary delights to share with your neighbours
- 15-20 hours of pixel perfect gameplay
- Playable in English, French, German, Spanish, Japanese, Simplified and Traditional Chinese
Once purchased, Eastward: Octopia is accessible from Eastward’s start menu, so players can begin their farming adventure straight away, regardless of their progress in the base game.
Eastward: Octopia is coming to Steam and Nintendo Switch this Winter. Eastward (base game) is required to play the Eastward: Octopia DLC.