Front Mission 2 Remake gets a patch with new translations and bug fixes
Developer Forever Entertainment has issued a new, major patch for Front Mission 2: Remake, its remake of 1997 tactical mecha RPG Front Mission 2. The game launched on Nintendo Switch on October 5, 2023, but reviews and players pointed out issues with bugs, performance shortfalls, and translation quality. The new patch addresses a number of the issues, though Forever Entertainment stated that it is working on further updates.
Forever Entertainment listed the changes in a post on the official Front Mission Remake series Twitter account.
Here's a full list of the changes:
- Added new translations to the user interface.
- Adjusted facial expressions for characters.
- Improvements to the network dialogues, facilitating - navigation between different panels.
- The "Continue" option in the main menu is now accessible all supported languages.
- Improved AI behavior when the player blocks entrance to the ship.
- Fixed the issue in which the Wanzer honor is highlighted incorrectly in cutscenes.
- Fixes to melee animations of various Wanzers, including: Cicada, Giaour, Degen, Kafir, Igel_H, Kyojin, Mythos, Negus, Raven, Robust, and Schakal.
- Adjusted size and scale of mobile weapon parts: (OSV-21).
- Fixes for cutscenes at Level 24's Fenris garage.
- Fixed the issue with spawned shells for the 'Adler' weapon.
- Fixed issues related to explosion sounds occurring when a unit is destroyed.
- Fixed the gunshot animation for ISV09 to prevent softlocks after attack animations.
- Adjustments to camera behavior for turrets and the correction of animation acceleration for the AM121M1 armored vehicle.
- Rebalancing of damage and hit chance calculations, Wanzer's strength evaluation, difficulty levels, and the chance of skill appearance and level up.
Forever Entertainment and Square Enix first announced the Front Mission Remake series 2022. As the original Front Mission 2 was never released outside of Japan, Front Mission 2: Remake is the first time most overseas players will be exposed to the story and gameplay of that particular installment.
Front Mission 2: Remake is available on Nintendo Switch. The first game in the project, Front Mission 1st: Remake, launched on Nintendo Switch in November 2022 and on PC, PlayStation, and Xbox consoles in June 2023. Forever Enterainment also confirmed that it is working on a remake of Front Mission 3.