Unicorn Overlord introduces new Allies, exploring the Overworld, liberating Towns, and additional mechanics
Vanillaware and Atlus pulls back the curtain on a new batch of information for Unicorn Overlord. Six new characters join the fray for players to command, including a spy, witch, and several knights. Plus, people can learn more about the Empire of Zenoira and the five nations surrounding it.
Several systems and mechanics have also been detailed too. Embark on quests to take on battle stages. Liberate towns from your enemies and rebuild them to build facilities like inns, which will serve you delicate meals crafted by Vanillaware. Station troops in reconstructed locales to earn rewards from completing stages; they'll also collect items for you.
Forts allow players to conduct prearranged mock battles among their allies. They can increase the size of their unit limit cap to open up more character slots in a unit. Additional fort functions become available when increasing Renown via completing quests and rebuilding towns. Mercenaries can be hired with Renown in turn.
Unicorn Overlord launches for the PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, and Nintendo Switch on March 8, 2024 worldwide simultaneously.
Learn more about Unicorn Overlord down below along with a plethora of new screenshots.
A spy who works for the Cornian Liberation Army. He's been in this clandestine line of work for years, but when the Liberation Army is formed, he joins the combat troops under Alain's command.
A young witch living in the swamps of the Witches' village. When the Zenoiran army raids the village and begins to take the witches into captivity, she successfully escapes via a spell of feline transmutation.
A member of the knights of the old kingdom of Cornia. Knighted early in his career, he has been praised for his intelligence and bravery since he was a squire. He has used his talents to lay the groundwork for the Liberation Army as Josef's right-hand man.
Daughter of a friend of Josef. When she joined the Liberation Army, she became Josef's apprentice and studied martial arts and academics. While she maintains a courteous attitude toward Alain as her prince, she also counts herself as one of his good friends.
Former knight of Cornia. Trusted by Queen Ilenia, he served as her personal guard. During the rebellion, he fought alongside Ilenia, but ultimately he was defeated and captured by Valmore.
The head of House Meillet, a distinguished Cornian clan. Losing her parents and older brother to illness early in life, she was raised and trained by her aunt and uncle as the heir to the Meillet family.
Setting - World
The story takes place on the continent of Fevrith, once comprised of five nations: Cornia, Drakenhold, Elheim, Bastorias, and Albion. However, the reborn Zenoiran Empire led by Galerius now dominates the entire continent.
Empire of Zenoira
A great empire that historians say once ruled most of the world, it boasted advanced civilization and technology. Legend has it that, at the height of its prosperity, a mysterious calamity destroyed the whole of the empire in a single day.
- Kingdom of Cornia: Located in the center of the continent, Cornia claims fertile fields, a powerful military force, and the largest acreage of land out of all five kingdoms. The lords of the kingdom hold great loyalty to the royal family, and Queen Ilenia's name is sacred to her subjects.
- Drakenhold: A land of mountains and deserts in the southeastern part of the continent, the kingdom holds abundant mineral resources and boasts a strong military force led by dragon knights. It also has a long history of border disputes with Cornia.
- Elheim: A land of elves both light and dark, nestled in verdant forests in the southwestern part of the continent. It boasts a unique system of government headed by a divine seer known as the Turenós. The Winding Wood guards this land from outsiders.
- Bastorias: A country extending across a vast cold region to the north, populated by various types of beast-folk known as "bestrals" who possess frightening martial prowess. Currently, the country is not ruled by a king but rather a council of clan leaders.
- Albion: A religious state on a large island in the western part of the continent, it commands strong faith-based national and military power under the Pontiff of the Palevian Orthodoxy. Many inhabitants are part of a winged population known as Angels.
Explore the vast overworld at your leisure, encountering various quests and events. Fight against enemies, liberate and rebuild captured settlements, and prepare your forces to advance even further.
Honors and Renown