Grime releases for the Nintendo Switch on January 25
Clover Bite and Akupara Games have finally given a release date for the long-awaited Nintendo Switch version for their Soulslike game, Grime - January 25. This port was initially announced in December 2021 with an original slated release window of Summer 2022, yet it kept facing numerous delays.
Alongside its Switch release on January 25, Grime will also be receiving its third and final free DLC, Parting Shade, on all the platforms it's been released on. This new DLC will add a new explorable area and touts that "even the most veteran of metroidvania players to lock-in and fight toe-to-toe with adversity".
Grime is also available for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC (Steam, GOG, Epic).
Clover Bite and Akupara Games are proud to announce that their critically-acclaimed soulslike metroidvania, GRIME, will be making its long-awaited debut for the Nintendo Switch on January 25th. Alongside the Switch release, Clover Bite will be releasing GRIME’s third and final DLC, Parting Shade, on all available platforms. Players will conjure all of their might as they face their biggest challenges yet with a new explorable area in GRIME, forcing even the most veteran of metroidvania players to lock-in and fight toe-to-toe with adversity, wrapping up the long hard fought trilogy that is GRIME Definitive Edition.
GRIME has rooted itself in the metroidvania playerscape with its anatomical horror, soulslike leveling progression, and innovative parry system. Creative Director, Yarden Weissbrot, saw the opportunity, the hunger, the drive for more GRIME and wanted to deliver on that possibility as his deep knowledge of the metroidvania playerscape saw that something was missing. This allowed developer Clover Bite the ability to fill that hole and create GRIME Definitive Edition, the ultimate way to explore GRIME including the base game and three free DLCs: Colors of Rot, Tinge of Terror, and the newly introduced, Parting Shade.
In GRIME, you control a nameless embodiment of destruction — hacking and slashing your way through an aberrant landscape where rock-formed monsters rule. Armed with various “living weapons” and a black hole head, you consume the essence of the fallen to strengthen your vessel and unlock powerful upgrades.
- Eye-Popping Surrealism - Uncover mysterious secrets in weeping caves and face-covered deserts. Meet otherworldly characters in distinct civilizations across an organic, interconnected world - all rendered in unearthly 3D. Face foes born of the world itself, and swallow them whole.
- Death-Defying Combat - Punish enemies by parrying their attacks, smash them from the ground or even airborne, and absorb them to grow your strength as you wage war on a living world.
- Living Weapons - Seamlessly swap weapons made of living creatures that mutate form during combat, from jawed axes to centipede whips.
- Unique Skill Progression - Hunt down and absorb challenging monsters to improve your skills and bring true customization to your playstyle.
- Challenge Astonishing Bosses - Defeat creatures dozens of times your size. Adapt to their strategies, withstand their assault, and consume them to gain game-changing abilities that affect both combat and traversal.
- Colors of Rot - Discover new abilities, new weapons, and new enemies that are champing at the bit just to get a piece of you. Explore Childbed and discover the horrifying mysteries that lie within.
- New Game Plus - Old foes challenge you in new ways. Surpass your limits and upgrade weapons and traits with infinite progression. Find and fight a formidable secret boss.