Originally released on WiiWare and PSP in 2D, and later on mobile devices as a 3D remake, Final Fantasy IV: The After Years is headed to PC via Steam. This new port is based on the 3D version of the game, and includes a new opening movie by Visual Works and Steam Achievements. The game will launch on May 12th, with a 10% pre-order discount ($15.99 MSRP).
Taking place 20 years after the events of Final Fantasy IV, Ceodore, son of King Cecil and Queen Rosa of Baron, must save the Blue Planet from a mysterious new threat. Key features are listed below, as well as a trailer.
- Ten Playable Tales: Begin your journey with "Ceodore's Tale." Complete it to unlock the tales of six additional characters, which can be played in any order, and then return to the core story with "Kain's Tale," "The Lunarian's Tale," and "The Crystals." A total of ten tales in all, and all contained in FINAL FANTASY IV: THE AFTER YEARS.
- Active Time Battle: Take control of exhilarating combat made possible by the non-stop action in Square Enix's iconic battle system.
- Lunar Phases: Feel the moon's presence in combat, as its waxing and waning influences the potency of attacks and abilities of all combatants. Lunar phases cycle naturally with the passage of in-game time, or when resting at an inn, tent, or cottage.
- Band Abilities: Combine the strength of your party members to awesome effect with Band abilities that can be unlocked through in-game events or by levelling your characters' Affinity.
- Includes STEAM trading cards and achievements